Update from Mid Ohio

More
30 Jul 2007 06:47 #160688 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic Update from Mid Ohio
I just got home. I had to stop and take a nap early this morning.
I couldn't begin to tell all that went on at the meet.
As was said earlier i sold my "77" A1 before the gates opened. No squabble about the price at all. Just cash money.
I finally got a shelter raised using a 24X60' tarp. We needed shelter this year. We had a total of 40'of cover.
Dan the man from Okawana,Japan brought some NOS body pieces that really spiffed up my area. Shane is really good at displaying my parts. I hope he makes next years show.
The gentleman that brought the pre production Z1 serial no. 900011(that is nunber 11) goes special thanks.I'm sure there are about a million pictures of it.
Please don't be offended if the pictures i post have the Z1/Z900 banner. There are a lot of KZ riders that belong to both groups.
Abby, What can i say. You are my Florence Nightengale and i love you. There wasn't enough money in both my pockets that Melvis would exchange for you. You did guess correctly though. I had $1600.00 in the left pocket.
I stayed late and as i was leaving i saw a vendor selling cult bike dvds and i bought 10. Pictures to follow. Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2007 12:59 #160754 by roy-b-boy-b
Here goes,This is jeff Saunders friend from England. Look for the bike in a magizine soon. There was a photo shoot at the track.

More
30 Jul 2007 13:20 #160759 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Update from Mid Ohio
Hmmm who are you talking about Roy? Wasn't aware Jeff had any friends bwhahahaha

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
30 Jul 2007 14:30 #160770 by kawtoy
Replied by kawtoy on topic Update from Mid Ohio
Jeff's friend is Norm Wilding. He owns Mid Missouri Motorcycles. He brought his Kawabusa. It is a ZRX1200 frame with a Busa 1300 motor and GSXR bady work. He did all the work himself and it is an outstanding machine. This is the second one he has built. He was meeting the people from Motorcyclist mag to do a story on it. The bike looks like ti came from the factory. Here is a link to his site www.midmomc.com/kawabusaII.php

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

More
30 Jul 2007 16:25 #160785 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Update from Mid Ohio
Hopefully someone can post pics of Greg W's prototype Z1 - an incredibly interesting bike built in the first half of 1972 - one of the first handful built by Kawasaki. That bike has some very interesting parts on it - including a different head where the tach drive exits at a different angle to the stock bikes, a wimpy H2 looking swingarm, unusual gauges and much more...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
30 Jul 2007 16:53 #160789 by kawtoy
Replied by kawtoy on topic Update from Mid Ohio
I will try to get some pics of the bike later. The same guy also owns 2 73's, #33 and #50. Some guys have all the luck.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

More
30 Jul 2007 16:54 - 28 Aug 2009 23:43 #160790 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic Update from Mid Ohio

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2009 23:43 by KZ250LTD.

More
30 Jul 2007 20:58 #160830 by roy-b-boy-b
Jeffs Bike

Attachments:

More
30 Jul 2007 21:49 #160836 by reborn650
Replied by reborn650 on topic Update from Mid Ohio
KZ250LTD wrote:

kawtoy wrote:

Jeff's friend is Norm Wilding. He owns Mid Missouri Motorcycles. He brought his Kawabusa.

I like the colour scheme of the first Kawabusa but both are amazing ;)

Not to hijack this thread from Mid-Ohio but that Kawabusa is one piece of art. I would like to learn more about this bike so I'll be keeping an eye out for some more coverage on this hybrid.

Very, very nice workmanship and creativity.

Cheers-Colin Firth - Ontario Canada

-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

• abilane78
  • User
  • Brought to you today by the letters K and Z.
More
31 Jul 2007 10:53 #160909 by abilane78
Replied by abilane78 on topic Update from Mid Ohio
The Prototype Z1

This was the pic I got. As you can see, it got quite a bit of attention. And who is that bearded man!!!

KZ is Japanese for COOL!!!

Morrow, Ohio

Mom
Wife
Teacher

More
31 Jul 2007 11:07 #160912 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic Update from Mid Ohio
Kawabusa II
Ebay item #230145739879

This is Kawabusa II, it is the only one like it in the world ! ( I built one other Kawabusa, but it was stock green with all the original bodywork, more of a sleeper, checkout midmomc.com for pic's and magazine articles on it )
For this "special" I started with a super clean 2003 ZRX1200R with only 4,300 miles on it, and fitted the complete engine, wheels, brakes, inverted forks, mono shock and swingarm, wiring harness, and ECU off a 2005 Hayabusa GSX1300R with only 2,500 miles.

On the original Kawabusa, the injectors came very close to the underside of the tank, so I had to cut a section out for an airbox, which lost tank volume. So on this one I built a set of intake manifolds, and turned the injectors down into a more conventional carb position, which also enabled the fitting of a set of bell mouths ( velocity stacks ).

Carbon front fender is Coerse ( only available in Japan ), and rear carbon hugger is from Pyramid ( England ) . The gauges/instruments were from an 02 European GSX1400 ( similar to Bandit, but with the addition of a fuel injection light ), and the headlight unit is from an 04 Suzuki Bandit. Handlebars are Renthal "low bars", and all brake lines are BF Goodrich braided stainless. Oil cooler is from an 05 GSXR1000, as is the complete tail section ( removed from a brand new bike to replace with a racing unit ). Tires are Dunlop Qualifiers ( 200 on the rear ). The header is hand fabricated polished stainless, and the cans are Yoshimura carbon, originally designed for a ZX14 ( ZZR1400 ). Bike is fitted a Power Commander USB.

I built this bike because I love the power of the Hayabusa, and the upright riding position of the ZRX, and it sure is a blast to ride !!!!!!!

I have put roughly 500 miles on it since completion.

I will NOT be building any more of these, so this is your only chance to own it !

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

More
05 Aug 2007 04:38 #161796 by roy-b-boy-b
I am still trying to resize my pictures.The files are huge. I need a camera like my first one that lets you choose the size before you take the picture.
I had to leave for Long Island and just got home.

Post edited by: roy-b-boy-b, at: 2007/08/05 07:49

Attachments: