Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Z500, to cafe or not to cafe? 12 Jul 2007 21:17 #156538

• adri4n
  • adri4n's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I would just like to ask the opinions of all the members here. I have a Kawasaki Z500, and its been up and running for a while, plenty of work to do (painting, etc) to restore it to original condition. I'm toying with the idea of possibly cafe-ing it? I'm wondering what you all think about the idea, if I should work towards restoring the bike to its original stock condition or build something that is completely my own?

Also, would I face any problems cafe-ing the z500? I don't have much experience in this, I'm going to get some ppl i know to help me out. Really appreciate all your opinions/advice. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Z500, to cafe or not to cafe? 12 Jul 2007 22:21 #156541

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
  • Thank you received: 2
if you want to keep value, change the bars to clip ons and put the old bars in a box in your attic with the old cables too as you will also need new shorter cables.

Take off the seat and replace it with a customised seat of your choice and put the seat in a box in your attic with moisture absorbant in the box.

flip the headlight ears upside down and remount the headlight so its lower.

Get a digital tach and speedo and somehow mount it so it works properly or atleast a tach and use a GPS for speed.

Always save your old parts in case you want to change it back in the event you dont cut the frame and other body parts.

Throw a cafe fairing on it and you have a cafe'd bike that can be changed back if you dont like it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: