~PHOTO LINK IS UP!~ Ohio Fall 2007 KZ Rally

More
07 Sep 2007 15:24 #169243 by Dutch Masters
Replied by Dutch Masters on topic ~ALL INFO NOW ON WEBSITE~ Ohio Fall 2007 KZ Rally
Indiana, requires a helmet if you only have a permit. Other than that you can go brain bucket free.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KZ_Rage
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
More
07 Sep 2007 20:19 #169303 by KZ_Rage
Just to let everyone know, the Rally is ON!

NO RAIN CANCELLATION! BE THERE BY 10am LATEST!

1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

More
07 Sep 2007 21:06 #169308 by arai59
Sorry Jimbo...no can do this year. Those OHIO roads are way to confusing to me anyways.........:woohoo: have fun and ride safe.

P.S. everyone wear your helmets.

Post edited by: arai60, at: 2007/09/08 00:06

More
08 Sep 2007 16:18 #169437 by Mellvis
Just want to say we had a great time on the ride. We had to cut out early because of the kids, the 4 year old was sick. We met alot of nice people and saw some nice sceenery and landmarks. Thanks Jim for the wonderful job you and your help did organizing everything. This was truely the nicest organized ride I have ever taken.

More
09 Sep 2007 06:52 #169553 by Breeze
Yes Jim, thanx for a very well put on event. The weather co-operated for the day for the most part and all was good. It was great getting to meet some really cool people.
Melvis, i hope you 2 got home fairly dry. I in turn got completely soaked. Rained from Kings Mills to gawd i don't know where. Got a couple miles to catch my breath and BAM, i got it again south of Wilmington some where. My second soaking was a dilly too. I about got blown off the damned hyway.
I'm looking forward to doing this again next year.Hope fully we'll have more Kz's. I know i'll have mine finished in time.

Columbus.Ohio

• abilane78
  • User
  • Brought to you today by the letters K and Z.
More
09 Sep 2007 07:58 #169565 by abilane78
I had the worst case of Monkey-Butt ever all night last night! I think finally today I can feel my toes.

We felt a couple drops on 75 near Lebanon, but once we got off the Interstate it didn't sting quite so badly. We stopped at our house before going on to the babysitter's where my car also was, and picked up the truck. At least that part of the ride was dry.

I'm sorry if anyone else (Breeze!!!!) got soaked! Getting all rained on sucks. Getting all rained on while you're on a bike sucks and it hurts!

I had a great time on the ride! Everyone was top-notch. I'm sory we didn't get to make the whole trip. Hopefully next year we'll make the entire day and the weather will be a little more cooperative.

I wish I had been on my own bike, but hey, my mantra is "Maybe next time". I gotta get bolts for my fender anyway (yeah, I'm a bonehead...). I was telling Mellvis he should have put the other SR bodywork on his bike so that there would be an SR in red and purple there. I don't remember what your name was on the other SR, sorry. But you have a spectacular bike!

I just can't say enough how nice everyone was to us! What a terrific bunch of people!

I'm so glad you guys waited the extra 10 minutes for us at the hotel! I was terrified that we'd miss everyone and have to try to catch up somewhere en route. The food was great, although ours came last. I still can't get over the size of those elephant ear tenderloins that you guys got! The covered bridge was really neat. The streets in Oxford were rough on my butt. Metamora was totally awesome and we are planning to take the boys up there possibly next weekend! The steam engine, the locks, the grist mill, my boys would LOVE it!

I wanted to take pictures, but since Mellvis and I took separate vehicles to the babysitter (he on the bike and me in my car) there was a mix up and we had the camera, but no media. I had it all planned out too, action shots since I'm the pillion and that's my job on a ride like that...

Anyway, I am so looking forward to next year, or maybe even a repeat in the Spring when we thaw back out from winter and after everyone's been working in the garage all off-season!

Take care all,
Abbie

KZ is Japanese for COOL!!!

Morrow, Ohio

Mom
Wife
Teacher

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
More
09 Sep 2007 11:00 #169593 by Shoe48
I just got back a few minutes ago . alomost 4 hours in the rain,,that is with stops either at under passes or exits .. But the last hour was the worse ,, real soaker . I was fine but the Semis kicking up rain off the road in my face was the problem ,, It just got to where you coudnt see anymore .. But the weekend was great , Met some great guys & Gals and lots of good laughs , even a good cheeseburger along the way ,, Hope to meet you all again soon , Hats off to Jim and his wife for all the work they put into this event , I know it is much more than you would think .. I have done it before ,, I took 139 pictures so I am sure I have something of interest for all .. Yes even you guys ,, Mellvis and Abby ,, Shoeman

• KZ_Rage
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
09 Sep 2007 19:15 #169673 by KZ_Rage
Thanks for all the kind words guys!

It was great to see so many riders show up for the first ever SWOKZ! I really wondered how bad the predicted storms would hurt the turnout. Including myself there were 17 bikes in attendance, that's fantastic even without the weather!

I have around a hundred photos I will try to get up on the site as soon as I can. I'll post something here when I get them up on the site. If anyone has photos they'd like to have added to the gallery of the rally just let me know and I'll get you a way to post them to Photovillage and I'll add them to the site.

It would have been nice to have had more KZ's but it was just as great to see all of the bikes there that weren't KZ's as well. I wish all who had signed up could have made it but with the weather threats and all I understand. There will always be next year for sure!

We had threats of rain at the Indiana bridge part of the rally so we went for the best one of the 3 bridges that had a nice small park attached to it and had to scrub the last two bridges. Shoe did go on to all 3 bridges and has a wild story about what happened to him at the Norris bridge. Damned scary!

We hit less than a minutes worth of light sprinkles on 121 on the way back. It actually just felt good as the humidity was high. We were lucky in our timing as you could tell it had just finished raining where we were passing through within the last 20 minutes or so but was clear for us.

I hated that Scott had stator trouble and really felt bad about having to leave with the rest of the group but I knew that the guys in the Spirited group were there for him and would get him back to the motel if there was any way possible. I had the wife drive my pickup to the motel just in case something like this happened so we could a haul any bike back to the motel due to mechanical failure. Glad to hear it all turned out great for Scott, Brian's a life saver that's for sure!

Just got a call from Jeff who rode over 500 miles to attend and he is in home safe and sound.

Again, thanks to all that came as it was great to have you and I think it was a pretty good rally for a first go at having one. I'll take what I learned from this one and hopefully make improvements for next year! (Already looking to another area to the southeast side of town for next years possibly)

The attached photo is right after lunch.

1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
Attachments:

• KZ_Rage
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
09 Sep 2007 19:30 #169678 by KZ_Rage
Man I must still be tired...

I'd like to thank Tom for heading up the Spirited group and for all of help with Scott's bike when his stator went out. I also want to thank Rob for riding clean up and all of his help. These things are a lot of work but having volunteers that are top notch make it not only better but possible in the first place.

Sorry for not getting that in the previous response guys, I thank you and am grateful for the help. Hope to have you guys doing the same great job next year!

1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
More
09 Sep 2007 20:11 #169682 by Shoe48
Thanks for the Update on Jeff and Scot , Couple of great guys ... Pm me their web site Please I would like to see what they are up to ... :) :) :) :)

Post edited by: Shoe48, at: 2007/09/09 23:12

More
10 Sep 2007 10:14 #169792 by 8trackmind
Replied by 8trackmind on topic ~ALL INFO NOW ON WEBSITE~ Ohio Fall 2007 KZ Rally
KZ_Rage wrote:

Just got a call from Jeff who rode over 500 miles to attend and he is in home safe and sound.

Put 633 miles Sunday on the 'ol 1978 GS1000.
Looks like I managed a little over 1,200 for the whole trip. :ohmy:

• KZ_Rage
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Sep 2007 10:20 #169793 by KZ_Rage
That's why you won the official SWOKZ award! Glad you made it back safe Jeff and thanks for coming all the way up from Memphis!

1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)