• Thank you received: 14
way cool!
77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need opinions, should I buy?? 17 May 2007 16:36 #141087

• themachine
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
slap a headlight on it and make it a nekkid street fighter! ;)
82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

Need opinions, should I buy?? 17 May 2007 22:20 #141149

• AR15Ron
  • AR15Ron's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
That's kinda what I was thinking! I mean, it's in that time period when the Ninja had super ugly fairing anyway. I'm wondering what I should be looking for for parts now. I'm going to actually get it running before I spend any money on it, but I am starting to think ahead. It's got that nice shiny aluminum frame and all, I think a naked streetfighter would be pretty cool!

I know off the top it needs a chain, throttle cable, carb rebuild, new lines and hoses, and about 1/2 the nuts and bolts it's supposed to have. I'm kinda excited, I've only driven a rice rocket once and look foward to some easy wheelies LOL

Need opinions, should I buy?? 17 May 2007 22:35 #141151

• Bad Kaw
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
  • Thank you received: 13
Dude, you're in good at 3 bills! Fighter that thing. They're pretty comfy and handle good; you'll find that the drive-line is pretty snatchy, so a steady hand in the corners is a 'must'. But, beyond that they rock; real strong motor. Keep us posted!
78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

Need opinions, should I buy?? 18 May 2007 08:43 #141261

• AR15Ron
  • User
Anyone got any tips on what to use for turn signals and headlights? I was thinking a dual headlight might be cool, I think someone had a KZ on here with a cool setup but I cant find it now. I'm definitely thinking streetfighter is the way to go. The upper fairing I'm missing is not only rare and expensive, but UGLY. I have to say 90-93 has to be some of the ugliest years for Ninja's :) I love the older ones and even like the newer ones, but the odd 3 years I just don't like that much. Bet it will look sweet as a streetfighter though! The frame is really nice aluminum, should polish up like chrome, it's already pretty clean. I went to the RMV today, the paperwork went through no problems, plate in hand!

Ron

Need opinions, should I buy?? 18 May 2007 08:58 #141266

• Muddy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
AR15Ron wrote:

Anyone got any tips on what to use for turn signals and headlights? I was thinking a dual headlight might be cool, I think someone had a KZ on here with a cool setup but I cant find it now. I'm definitely thinking streetfighter is the way to go. The upper fairing I'm missing is not only rare and expensive, but UGLY. I have to say 90-93 has to be some of the ugliest years for Ninja's :) I love the older ones and even like the newer ones, but the odd 3 years I just don't like that much. Bet it will look sweet as a streetfighter though! The frame is really nice aluminum, should polish up like chrome, it's already pretty clean. I went to the RMV today, the paperwork went through no problems, plate in hand!

Ron

I'd lose the rear turn signals and integrate them into the tailight. As for the headlight the double bulb from a triumph speed triple is sweet. Check out the German streetfighter stuff they have some great looking bikes, although some are a little over the top.

Need opinions, should I buy?? (Update) 21 May 2007 22:44 #142289

• AR15Ron
  • User
Ok, it's not a KZ so I really don't want to start a "project" thread but here's a little more of what I've been up to with this thing... It DOES run! Still waiting for my new plugs, they are tiny and I had to order them. All the vacuum lines are missing, the emissions controls are missing but all the stuff on top of the valve cover is intact. Ordered the manual so I can hook all this stuff up right. Trying to decide if I want a 520 or 530 chain and sprockets now. Not sure where I'm going with this but here's some pics :)

I was told the forks and brakes are from a GSXR? no clue!

Got a crack in the smaller frame member.

Need opinions, should I buy?? (Update) 25 May 2007 21:25 #143562

• Bad Kaw
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
  • Thank you received: 13
I counted my bikes a couple days ago and I'm back up to double-digits (10...and I'm trying to keep it in the single digits!) and not all are KZs. This is a cool thread, me likey.
78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

Need opinions, should I buy?? (Update) 25 May 2007 22:45 #143572

• AR15Ron
  • User
I'll have to add some more pics then :) I painted it all flat black for now. Waiting for my chain and sprockets so I don't kill myself but I did take up the street and back today. Once it warms up it lifts the front wheel effortlessly, new experience for me. Course now the starter is messed up, keeps making horrible noise and getting stuck. So that's all gotta come apart. Looking at a "universal" front fairing on ebay now to complete the front end. No front fender, think those are GSXR forks. Guess I can live without a front fender.

Here are the fairings I'm looking at:
Link to EBAY
Another Link to EBAY

and some pics:

Didnt really think anyone would be interested in my Ninja story since it's not a KZ, but at least it's Kawasaki :)

Need opinions, should I buy?? (Update2 more pictures!) 29 May 2007 09:42 #144538

• AR15Ron
  • User
Like my motorcycle jack?

Need opinions, should I buy?? (Update) 29 May 2007 12:34 #144600

• wireman
  • Visitor
AR15Ron wrote:

I'll have to add some more pics then :) I painted it all flat black for now. Waiting for my chain and sprockets so I don't kill myself but I did take up the street and back today. Once it warms up it lifts the front wheel effortlessly, new experience for me. Course now the starter is messed up, keeps making horrible noise and getting stuck. So that's all gotta come apart. Looking at a "universal" front fairing on ebay now to complete the front end. No front fender, think those are GSXR forks. Guess I can live without a front fender.

Here are the fairings I'm looking at:
Link to EBAY
Another Link to EBAY

and some pics:

Didnt really think anyone would be interested in my Ninja story since it's not a KZ, but at least it's Kawasaki :)

im eyeballing the suspension and brakes!:P

Need opinions, should I buy?? (Update2 more pictures!) 29 May 2007 12:55 #144608

• indykaw77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
AR15Ron wrote:

Like my motorcycle jack?

Maybe not OSHA approved but hey...any port in a storm, right??
Thats a whole different thread tho..."What have YOU used to raise the bike, that wasnt s'posed to be used to raise a bike!!??:whistle: :P "
Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!