Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

An '82 KZ 750 LTD saved or Damn FB Marketplace! 05 Dec 2022 19:41 #877562

• azman857
  • azman857's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 111
Thanks for the pics. My mounting point is on top of the frame tubes. I'm going to use the same plated but add a 90* with the flange facing down  so the bolts will clear the frame tubes. I made these coil mounting  for another build but they will work(fingers crossed) and like your coil with the plug wire towers facing down. 
I don't have a plan and I'm sticken' to it! '77 KZ 650 / 750 GPz custom project in progress

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An '82 KZ 750 LTD saved or Damn FB Marketplace! 11 Jan 2023 18:46 #878757

• azman857
  • Sustaining Member
Well, I made some time to work on the project today. The wiring just wasn't working. The rebuilding of the handlebar switches wasn't going well at all. I have a set of earlier bar switches and a matching harness. I have to splice in a couple later molded plastic connectors for the new fuses and the current ignition switch to work. Wire colors and number of wires stayed the same. The "new" harness is much simpler and less "Safety" circuits. Like the automatic turn signal cancellers.Reserve Light modual. I don't have it in all the way yet but, it is going way easier than I thought it would.I'm thinking of moving the front turn signal lights off the handlebars to stalks, off the headlight. It's just too crowded on the bars.
I don't have a plan and I'm sticken' to it! '77 KZ 650 / 750 GPz custom project in progress

An '82 KZ 750 LTD saved or Damn FB Marketplace! 02 May 2023 20:14 #884154

• azman857
  • Sustaining Member
I haven't been completely idle since the last instalment. Wiring mostly. Most recently, it's been mounting the GPS speedo and dash lights. The speedo has lights for Turn signals and High beam for headlight and a couple others, but not nutrael. There is a Tachometer on it too.I've cut up the stock speedo mount to make room for the housings I'm using from a late model XS 650. I'll try to load up some pics. I am thinking of adding the carbs and finishing the ignition installation. See if this bad boy will burst into life.