Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Z1b winter upgrades... when you fall down the rabbit hole 25 Mar 2019 06:57 #801004

• jayrodoh
  • User
  • Thank you received: 27
How long have you had this bike? Curious as I had a Z1B about 12 years ago, sold it but always wondered what became of it. There's a couple things on yours that hint at being my old bike and I had the exact same speedo bracket break, I can tell you how it happened :) Did the bike come with a second smashed speedo? I do have the VIN still but if that's too personal to share I have no issue with that.
1982 KZ750-M1 CSR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Z1b winter upgrades... when you fall down the rabbit hole 25 Mar 2019 08:23 #801009

• Move0ver
  • Move0ver's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 56

jayrodoh wrote: How long have you had this bike? Curious as I had a Z1B about 12 years ago, sold it but always wondered what became of it. There's a couple things on yours that hint at being my old bike and I had the exact same speedo bracket break, I can tell you how it happened :) Did the bike come with a second smashed speedo? I do have the VIN still but if that's too personal to share I have no issue with that.

I picked this bike up in January 2012 from a man near Ft. Hood, Texas who must have been about 75 years old.

Z1b winter upgrades... when you fall down the rabbit hole 25 Mar 2019 08:37 #801011

• Move0ver
  • User
This is what the bike looked like when I first picked it up.

Looking at these pictures makes me think about eventually losing the clip-ons and rickman fairing and going with superbike bars.

Attachments:

Z1b winter upgrades... when you fall down the rabbit hole 26 Mar 2019 09:58 #801074

• jayrodoh
  • User
  • Thank you received: 27
Who knows what happened to mine, I sold it in 2003 so it could be anywhere by now.

Good looking bike and project!
1982 KZ750-M1 CSR

Z1b winter upgrades... when you fall down the rabbit hole 11 Apr 2020 07:03 #823080

• Move0ver
  • User
So this winter was much tamer in terms of upgrades than last... I picked up the yoshimura exhaust that was in the for sale section and replaced my exhaust studs.

Once quarantine is over I'll get back to the dyno to do some more tuning.

I'd like to find a second frame that I can brace up or maybe get a spare head that I can port, polish, and cam.

I also need to get another belly pan... the one I had with the kerker doesn't fit the yosh