KZ750 LTD: The Might One

More
08 Sep 2016 10:54 #741551 by smithmm1
KZ750 LTD: The Might One was created by smithmm1
Have been lurking on and off around here for quite a while, and figure that it is time to finally throw my hat into the ring.

I have been on bikes for several years, initially getting bitten by the bug back in college. Myself and a couple of the guys I ran around with all got motorcycles around the same time We had 5 or 6 guys that would ride and hang together, including my long time best friend. After graduation, he and I moved to Boston together to, as we both got accepted into the same Architecture program. I brought along my FZ-6 and he brought along his KZ750, which was already in pretty rough shape. The KZ has a pretty interesting past. It existed for years in our college town, getting passed down every couple years from an upper classman to a younger guy, never with any money changing hands. My friend traded a beer for it.

To make a long story short, my friend passed away a little over a year after we moved to Boston, I inherited his bike, and moved back home. This was about four years ago now. Since then I have gotten things done in fits and starts. The last time my buddy rode the bike was in a rain storm, after the exhaust header for the #3 cylinder had fallen off; so there's that. He had plans to do the standard young guy route of taking the bike 100% apart and re-building, so I picked up that mantle, promising that it wouldn't end as yet another basket case.

I'm not sure what exactly he ever aspired to build it into; currently I just want to get it together and running again, then tackle larger issues down the road. Over the last 4 years, I have unfortunately worked on it for a couple days, and then fallen off the wagon just long enough to forget what I had done. Finally, it has decayed to its furthest point andI have to decide to get the thing together again. So, I am posting on here to document the progress, hopefully gain some advice, and most importantly hold myself publicly accountable for seeing this through. Details about immediate hurdles to come. (Very) Old photos below.

Cheers!

Attachment IMG_3613.PNG not found

Attachment IMG_4946.PNG not found

Attachment IMG_4945.PNG not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
08 Sep 2016 11:08 #741554 by SWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.