First v quad

More
08 Aug 2015 21:15 #685017 by Richardb98
First v quad was created by Richardb98
Hey guys long time no post but I've acquired a Honda (eww I know but very cheap find). It's a v65 1985 sabre 1100 and I have a could questions that any knowledgable motorcycle guy might know. First of all is the radiator, I put in a little bit of Coolant through the radiator cap, and I noticed after a little bit it was leaking. It was a pretty big puddle. So I took off the shroud to the radiator and where the coolant had dripped down its a bronze color? It's coming from what appears to be the bottom of the radiator fill hole. This is my first liquid cooled so I have no idea. Also, it looks like there's some coolant in all the way to the top of the bend. So wouldn't it over flow to the cap or is there a drain under that? Next question, is it possible to replace just the break fluid peep hole glass? It's a hydronic clutch and both the break and clutch peep hole has deteriorated super bad. Again sorry for the Honda question on a kawi page but i can't find a good Honda page. Thanks guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
08 Aug 2015 21:38 #685019 by SWest

More
08 Aug 2015 21:43 #685021 by Richardb98
Replied by Richardb98 on topic First v quad
I'll post pics before work tomorrow, around 7. It's just my luck I can't find one shop manual in PDF so looks like I'll have to buy one

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
09 Aug 2015 05:03 #685034 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic First v quad
Don't you think you should finish one project before moving on to a new one?
Steve

More
09 Aug 2015 20:47 #685182 by Richardb98
Looks like I'll have to solder a crack underneath the radiator cap. And swest i sold my other bike
Attachments:

More
10 Aug 2015 15:23 #685285 by Richardb98
I got it fired up last night. On startup there's a couple puffs of smoke coming out of the carbs. Also it's smoking up the garage real bad, but it was sitting for a while so hopefully that stuff works itself out