81 KZ750E work in progress

More
02 May 2015 15:34 #670415 by runmikeyrun
81 KZ750E work in progress was created by runmikeyrun
I picked this up last year, a trade for my RD400. It already had an 810 wiseco kit installed along with the paint and seat/tail combo. I have done a little work since then: replaced the stock dash with Dime City mini clocks, axle mount license plate/tail light, fork gaiters, bar end mirrors and a few gaskets and seals along the way. A couple other odds and ends like handlebar mount USB charger and iPhone cradle too. Thats not counting some preventative maintenance. Some of you helped me with some mechanical issues along the way, thank you!

The future will (hopefully) bring a raw finish clear powdercoated tank with some custom decals I designed along with a cafe seat and some black paint on the sidecovers and front fender.

It's fast, its fun and it handles way better than the 70s triples!! lol.

Monkey? MONKEY? I'm a GORILLA you CLOWN!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
02 May 2015 16:33 #670418 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic 81 KZ750E work in progress
Looks good. That tail light reminds me of that monster eye on War of the Worlds. I think it and the plate would look better where it belongs. A fender eliminator would tuck in nicely rather than the plate flapping in the wind. :woohoo:
Imo
Steve

More
02 May 2015 16:43 #670420 by JR
Replied by JR on topic 81 KZ750E work in progress
Very cool bike you got there. Love the colour and the seat tail combo, bar end mirrors and LED turn signals.
Looks to bein great shape.
Can you post a pic of the dash with speed and tach ?

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
02 May 2015 17:20 #670433 by runmikeyrun
Replied by runmikeyrun on topic 81 KZ750E work in progress
swest, it's funny because the plate and tail light were there for the last year and while it didn't look bad, I just wanted something different. When I replace the seat with a cowl the attachment point for the tail light and plate will be removed, so I guess i'm just preparing for that.

JR, I can do that. I'm stuck at work today and tonight, but when I get home tomorrow I will try to post. It looks worlds different and those clocks are relatively cheap.

Monkey? MONKEY? I'm a GORILLA you CLOWN!

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
02 May 2015 19:08 #670452 by SWest