Project BOB

More
26 Jan 2012 22:05 - 28 Jan 2012 01:00 #500251 by Reichmanner
Project BOB was created by Reichmanner
This is my first run at a bobber build. I have made a bit of progress but I still have quit a bit planned for this bike but I hope to get it all worked out within the next couple months. (spring will be here before we know it).

I didnt take a before pic :pinch: but this is pretty much what I started with.

Started cutting and welding.....the vision I had when I started was satin black with red wheels and wide white wall tires. But once I found the surprise under the paint on the tank I instantly knew I had to use it. Im now going for a modern style rat rod look. Future mods to include custom intakes and converting to 2 39mm Keihin flat slide carbs B)

Let my know what you guys think.

CLICK FOR VIDEO!!!!!!!!!
[IMG

As it sits in my garage as of tonight!! Still LOTS to be done before sending it our for fresh powder!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

1981 kz750 ltd (Project BOB)
1982 kz750 Spectra (Project Street Fighter)
Last edit: 28 Jan 2012 01:00 by Reichmanner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Proxy
  • User
  • 80% Human 20% Nuts/Bolts
More
26 Jan 2012 23:51 #500260 by Proxy
Replied by Proxy on topic Project BOB
Looks like a fun bike. Nice job.

Take it from me cuz I found
If you leave it then somebody else is bound,
To find that treasure, that moment of pleasure,
When yours, it could have been.
1977 KZ650 B1 Being restored to original (Green)
1977 KZ650 B1 Original (Red) Sold
1977 KZ650 B1 Donor Bike for Parts

More
28 Jan 2012 19:30 #500510 by craig.fenn
Replied by craig.fenn on topic Project BOB
that paint job is so sick. good find. and good call keeping it. your bike looks good.

81 kz440 ltd
Provo, Utah

More
28 Jan 2012 20:31 #500530 by Reichmanner
Replied by Reichmanner on topic Project BOB
Fabed up a new seat shock mount today. I thought the seat sat up too high. This dropped my seat height 1.25" much more comfortable ride position and it doesnt look so goofy.

More
28 Jan 2012 20:35 #500532 by Reichmanner

craig.fenn wrote: that paint job is so sick. good find. and good call keeping it. your bike looks good.

Thanks! I saved it the best I could, I think the spots that are sanded through along with all the colors add a very cool rat rod feel to the bike. I got the image the way I wanted it then hit it with satin clear.

More
29 Jan 2012 20:44 #500744 by Reichmanner
NOW ACCEPTING IDEAS

Im about to the tear down stage and getting everything ready for powder, Im going to do the frame in satin black, but I am undecided on some other things....

Will probably have the wheels powder coated in satin black as well (unless someone puts a different bug in m ear)

I am really undecided on my engine though. I think ill do the main case, cylinders and head in satin black as well (with the edges of the fins sanded) the chrome that is on the valve cover is pretty pitted, the clutch cover and sprocket cover are "ok" but not perfect, So Im taking ideas on "accent" color for my other case parts. I dont want to go with a bright silver or aluminum paint. If you look close at the pics I have i painted the two outer covers with a mag wheel pant but I dont really know if I like it or not. I was also thinking of maybe using a hammer finish (not textured)

so......fire away with the ideas. B)

More
07 Feb 2012 01:36 - 07 Feb 2012 01:36 #502480 by farnie
Replied by farnie on topic Project BOB
hey- great build so far... can you talk and/or show pics of the frame mod. im thinking about doing the same thing to my '78 kz650, and i'd love to hear/see your work before i do... and the tank is amazing, such a good call for saving the artwork!

thanks.

Farnie

huntingroadgators.blogspot.com/

2007 Yamaha VStar 1100 Silverado Custom (current)
1978 Kawasaki KZ650 B/C?D hybrid (current cafe' racer project)
1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C (current bobber project
1978 Kawasaki KZ650 D (parts bike)
1985 Kawasaki GPZ 750 (past)
1978 Yamaha XS 360 (past and 1st MC)
Last edit: 07 Feb 2012 01:36 by farnie.

More
04 Mar 2012 21:50 #507806 by Reichmanner
Sorry for the delayed response. I don't have any pics of the mod process. I usually get too caught up in what I'm doing to take pics. But most hartail conversions are pretty straight forward. Just look close at all my pics. If you have any specific questions ill be happy to answer. Thanks.

More
08 Mar 2012 03:00 #508493 by TOOLS1
Replied by TOOLS1 on topic Project BOB
I love Rat/Bobbers. Very cool build. I liked the idea of the red wheels. Can't wait to see more, especially the duel carb set up.
TOOLS

Never confuse education, for intelligence.
Don't go blaming the beer! "Hank Hill"

More
08 Mar 2012 03:39 #508495 by nobody
Replied by nobody on topic Project BOB
i like the red wheels to . and white side walls ?some times yes .that is vary cool look! :woohoo: well thats what i think,but sometimes the right and left sides of my brain fight for control :evil: i dont know witch ones winning :unsure:

More
02 Apr 2012 00:26 #513508 by Reichmanner
Finally getting started on my carb conversion. BIG thanks out to Leon for machining the holes in my flanges. Couldn't have done it without you buddy.

Im also proud of myself for remembering to take pics along the way. I usually get so wraped up in what im doing I never remember to pic up the camera.

Very time consuming work when you have a limited machine shop at home, but here is the jist of it.

More
02 Apr 2012 02:02 #513514 by nobody
Replied by nobody on topic Project BOB
i dont under stand were dose the 650 duel line four barrel go :unsure: looks good . good luck hope to see more picks :woohoo: