Rear-sets used...

More
28 Oct 2009 20:41 #330241 by zippy
Replied by zippy on topic Rear-sets used...
Old Man Rock wrote:

Zippy... eeewww nice site... saved to KZ900 favorite folders! ;) B)

Since you quoted me... I stated direct bolt on, these sets seem to me anyways would still require some modification plates to fit on the KZ series.... Easy enough...

Either way, extremely nice pricing!

OMR

Looking at the ad again (see below), I see that they mention the kits come with "hangers". I'm kinda just guessing that they mean the mounting brackets. Just a guess though. When I bought my set (can't remember where I got them) all the brackets came with them for the KZ series bikes. They of course had other mounting kits for other bikes. I guess one could just ask when ordering.

"Tarozzi Rear Set Kits include cast aluminum shift lever, brake lever, hangers, linkages and folding knurled foot pegs. These universal controls can be used on lots of different bikes and feature a 10mm central mounting bolt. Linkage plates are adjustable 360 Degrees and can be turned up or down depending on your needs. These quality Italian made rear sets featuer all parts pictured and folding passenger pegs available separately."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2009 12:10 #330334 by dutchz
Replied by dutchz on topic Rear-sets used...
I've ordered parts from Jim Hinshaw @

www.fastfromthepast.com

He is a distributor so he can order whatever he does not stock directly from Tarozzi. He also has clip ons and fork braces.

Great service and a nice fella, he actually races a kawi!

1974 Kawasaki Z1
Stock front hub and rear axle.

More
29 Oct 2009 13:22 #330346 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic Rear-sets used...
Raask from Omar's Cafe

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

• racer54
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
29 Oct 2009 15:24 #330352 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic Rear-sets used...
Doesn't look like it would be that hard to do. Thanks for all the information. I assume that you guys just mounted then where you had room? Did you find the mount location made much difference or did you try different locations to find just the right spot? Looks like the shift linkage and mating it up to the rear brake m/c would be the hard part.

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

More
30 Oct 2009 06:52 #330473 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Rear-sets used...
I used 2004 GSXR600 rearsets on my 650.
I drilled 2 holes on either side of the swingarm pivot to bolt them on.
On the brake side the M/C and brake switch is attached to the GSXR bracket, and I used them. Made the swap very easy.
The shifter side I just needed to shorten the rod and mount it:

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

• racer54
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
30 Oct 2009 12:55 #330510 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic Rear-sets used...
Did you use the M/C off your bike or did you use the M/C from the GSXR? Looks like it would be so much simpler to get the whole rear brake pedal/M/C set-up as a unit. Haven'e really looked for rear-sets so not sure if they are sold that way or not. Anybody run into interference with the swingarm when trying to mount the new rear-sets up...especially on the brake side in that area? Did you mount your rear-sets where there was room, back and up for looks or did you try to keep them down lower for more leg room. I have short legs so that probably wouldn't be a problem for me but I'm also old so wouldn't want to be all bent into a pretzel like some of the new bikes seem to do. Looks like most are mounting them in the same general location as the stock pegs.

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

More
30 Oct 2009 13:24 #330516 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Rear-sets used...
I used the GSXR MC and brake switch.
They are attached to the stock GSXR bracket. The resevoir is up higher behind the side cover, also the GSXR unit.
The whole bracket had to shimmed out on the brake side as the MC fits outside the frame in my case.
I mounted in this location as that's how HenryJ from this site did his GSXR set up.
The pegs are up higher, but I found I adjusted fine.
I'm 6 ft tall and had no issues.

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

More
31 Oct 2009 08:27 #330639 by FloridaSteve
Replied by FloridaSteve on topic Rear-sets used...
Tazorri's with mounts made for your bike for under $300. The seller is first rate!

www.fastfromthepast.com/servlet/the-Rear...total/109/Categories

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
05 Oct 2010 10:43 #404211 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Rear-sets used...
I am going to run them on my other bikes too,after putting them on my disk braked MKII I am imprssed...i thought they would feel buzzy but they do not and the position is really good even for my long legs...i think i may want non folding ones for my kz900 though because i can brush my heal leaving a stoplight and the pegs will lift into the folded position easier than i am used to in the past....

the only thing i have noticed is that the shift lever kinda hurts my foot top if i am in traffic shifting up then down or shifting on a tight road a lot...not too bad but i do notice my shift spot hurting some.....

on the MKII i had to grind a little v under the muffler triangle support/passenger peg tri...just a little one to clear a linkage -backer nut-...but this set was just labeled kz1000 disk model and they may make one just for the MKII-A3.....

i am ordering one for my kz900 A-4 drum brake hear pretty quick....they look and shift tight...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• hocbj23
  • Visitor
05 Oct 2010 11:54 #404224 by hocbj23
Replied by hocbj23 on topic Rear-sets used...
If u dont want to go back as far as most rear sets,use the linkage from a Kaw1300.Omar put me onto that trick.bj

• seanbarney41
  • User
  • '79 kz1000 LTD '75 Honda CB750
More
05 Oct 2010 15:17 #404267 by seanbarney41
Replied by seanbarney41 on topic Rear-sets used...

eeww...nice site

O.M.R., you clicked on the Moto Guzzino girls, didn't ya! If you didn't, you may want to go back:P

More
05 Oct 2010 19:35 - 05 Oct 2010 19:36 #404378 by Dice
Replied by Dice on topic Rear-sets used...
Anyone run the tarozzi's with a V&H sidewinder, does the brake lever clear the can?

1975 Z1B
Last edit: 05 Oct 2010 19:36 by Dice.