the 74 z1 turbo project again

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
29 Oct 2009 18:30 #330392 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic the 74 z1 turbo project again
wait i'm confused.....let's get this straight....plummen who lives in nebraska is argueing with plummen who lives in nebraska about who is gonna get to ride ride the bike first ,when plummen ,who lives in nebraska,finaly gets tired of listening to plummen ,who lives in nebraskas shit about not working on the bikes enough,gets off the couch and punches plummen,who lives in nebraska's lightsout,which wakes up the seven dogs that live in the house,and the alpha female shepard bites em both and plummen has to drive plummen to the E.R,which sucks cause it's all the way in nebraska and the lights on the pump truck don't work when it's raining.
Which starts a new fight about why plummen never fixed the lights saturday when plummen was watching dancing with stars with his pack of dogs.............

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2009 21:04 #330433 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic the 74 z1 turbo project again
if anybody can figure out what craig is talking about you obviously need help also,cuz aint no sane person gonna figure that out! :S :woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
29 Oct 2009 21:05 #330434 by PLUMMEN
hardr0ck68 wrote:

Wow Plummen, I guess you are serious this time!

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-KZ-900-...?hash=item3356d73590

That must be your auction to raise some funds!

:P ;) :P

Good to see you back on it! Take lots of pic's we are all looking forward to seeing the progress.

all i can say is DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

More
30 Oct 2009 04:11 #330454 by StreetfighterKz
Replied by StreetfighterKz on topic the 74 z1 turbo project again
Plummen,

What do you say about changing our Biker Build-Off 2009 to Biker Build-Off 2009-2010?

Later, Doug

1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

More
30 Oct 2009 13:14 - 30 Oct 2009 13:17 #330514 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic the 74 z1 turbo project again
How about this...each friday, all three of you has to post a picture of the improvements or progress you have made that week.:ohmy: The pressure of trying to outdo the others and the peer pressure from us spectators should fuel the fire in your bellies to get these projects done. Of course, two Plummens against one Streetfighter isn't actually fair but the in-fighting in Nebraska might be a good thing for the Streetfighter side of this unless they can figure a way to work together as a team so one can work while the other watches Dancing with the Stars.:laugh: Could be an interesting winter around here! Of course, it will be up to the audience to decide what constitutes progress so you don't just re-arrange things to make it look like you are getting somewhere. ;) Hell...maybe we can even get a pool going as to who accomplished more each week and a final pay-out on who finishes first. Someone might as well profit from this, huh? They have fantasy football...we can have Fantasy Project Finishes! LOL Oh...and no excuses that you dog ate your motor or such will be allowed!:laugh:

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110
Last edit: 30 Oct 2009 13:17 by racer54.

More
30 Oct 2009 13:25 #330517 by racer54
In between that, have you been able to figure out how to post pictures of that rear fender work you are doing? Being one that likes the look of the rear fender kept out back, that has been one of my ideas also, along with lengthening the seat to keep a stock look as much as possible. It's the little things like this that makes a difference between one bike and another. Oh...to have fabrication skills!:(

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

More
30 Oct 2009 14:25 #330524 by PLUMMEN
racer54 wrote:

In between that, have you been able to figure out how to post pictures of that rear fender work you are doing? Being one that likes the look of the rear fender kept out back, that has been one of my ideas also, along with lengthening the seat to keep a stock look as much as possible. It's the little things like this that makes a difference between one bike and another. Oh...to have fabrication skills!:(

its not much to lokat at this point,ive tacked it together 3 differant times trying to figure out what im doing! :laugh: damn guy here in omaha still hasnt gotten back to me about the extended tailpiece he was suppoed to make 6 mos ago! :angry:

More
30 Oct 2009 14:29 #330526 by PLUMMEN
racer54 wrote:

How about this...each friday, all three of you has to post a picture of the improvements or progress you have made that week.:ohmy: The pressure of trying to outdo the others and the peer pressure from us spectators should fuel the fire in your bellies to get these projects done. Of course, two Plummens against one Streetfighter isn't actually fair but the in-fighting in Nebraska might be a good thing for the Streetfighter side of this unless they can figure a way to work together as a team so one can work while the other watches Dancing with the Stars.:laugh: Could be an interesting winter around here! Of course, it will be up to the audience to decide what constitutes progress so you don't just re-arrange things to make it look like you are getting somewhere. ;) Hell...maybe we can even get a pool going as to who accomplished more each week and a final pay-out on who finishes first. Someone might as well profit from this, huh? They have fantasy football...we can have Fantasy Project Finishes! LOL Oh...and no excuses that you dog ate your motor or such will be allowed!:laugh:

im working on it im working on it! had a major setback yesterday,guy who taught me how to work on boilers who ive known for 30 years died lastnight.so between icu with him yesterday and funeral home today making arrangements aint had too much enthusiasm today,need to keep working to occupy my mind :(

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
30 Oct 2009 14:44 #330527 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic the 74 z1 turbo project again
Sorry to hear about your friend PLUMMEN

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
30 Oct 2009 15:42 #330536 by racer54
Yea...that always ruin a good day. My sympathy.

More
30 Oct 2009 17:54 #330561 by PLUMMEN
good ol Santi Rigatuso louisville ne.68 had more pacemakers then i can count,2 valve replacements last one was year ago this month.seems like he spent more time in hospital and rehab centers than at home in last year ! :( i told his son who i grew up with that it feels like us pushing so hard to keep him alive this last year was more for us than it was for him,just kinda makes a guy wonder when its time to just let a guy have some peace. :blush:

• kano
  • User
  • Not Another Bloody Limey!
More
31 Oct 2009 07:15 - 31 Oct 2009 07:25 #330620 by kano
Replied by kano on topic the 74 z1 turbo project again
here is the info Plummen.

The black swing arm is made by Fischer-swing arm, Germany.
I paid 130 euro’s plus shipping so it owes me.
the company still exists, but does not produce swing arms, brakes, frames or even modify motorbikes any longer. They still make wheels.
It seems that the old Mr. Fischer retired (or passed away) and his son, who took the firm over, is not interested in the old "crap".
Its steel needs a repaint as something rubbed some paint off,
However it is a very unique looking swing arm let me know if its in your budget.

Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Oct 2009 07:25 by kano.