Megasquirt (large images)

More
28 Sep 2008 22:04 #239159 by Makarth
Replied by Makarth on topic Megasquirt (large images)
hot damn! im back in business. i manage to snatch some z1 classic throttle bodies for $40 shipped. Next will be a cheap header for the bike to experiment with bung placement and demo tuning. I've been keeping up with storage maintenance on the bike by visiting it in storage every other week to add small amounts of oil to it and kicking it over two or three times and hoping it keeps everything fresh and wet. I'm frickin ecstatic about my find.

on a side note ran into another snag but this time budget wise with the slashing of two of my tires as well as my laptop dying ($800 dollars i'll never see again). hopefully after wife gets job i won't have to pay all the bills which means more play money plus Christmas is coming up :woohoo:

1977 kz1000 - Megasquirt project @ 40% wiring, plenum, and exhaust<--(done!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2008 02:50 #239169 by Dave Sloan
Replied by Dave Sloan on topic Megasquirt (large images)
doesn't the z1 classic have the same set up as a B1 GPZ11? Injectors mounted in the head intake runners and not in the tbs? If they are the common theory is that the injectors cop a flogging from the heat in the head. :dry:

Z650B2 - Injected

More
29 Sep 2008 03:39 #239173 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Megasquirt (large images)
Yep, Z1 Classic had the injectors in the head instead of in the throttle bodies. I have two of those due to lying eBay sellers and lousy pictures.

Might be possible to attach injector bungs to those throttle bodies either by welding or epoxy.

KD9JUR

More
29 Sep 2008 03:39 #239174 by Dave Sloan
Replied by Dave Sloan on topic Megasquirt (large images)
doesn't the z1 classic have the same set up as a B1 GPZ11? Injectors mounted in the head intake runners and not in the tbs? If they are the common theory is that the injectors cop a flogging from the heat in the head. :dry:

Z650B2 - Injected

More
29 Sep 2008 07:01 #239188 by Makarth
Meh that's not a problem. I can get my hands on a set of bungs fairly cheap and the local shop does aluminum welding. Still Fricking excited. Kinda glad actually cause I want to use high impedance Bosch injector.

More
11 Oct 2008 23:34 #241389 by Makarth
so i got an old 4 into 1 header for 35 bucks... SCORE!!! of course some things were wrong with it like the fact it had some nasty dents but i cut the dents out and old school hammered an' anvil out sheet metal to patch it shaving it down to make it nice. 30 bucks later i wrapped it and still kinda itchin! So next on the agenda is to put an O2 bung on it and then im ready to rock!!!
go ahead and drool!!:woohoo:

More
11 Oct 2008 23:37 #241390 by Makarth
header!

Attachments:

More
12 Oct 2008 08:02 #241418 by RoyNor
Replied by RoyNor on topic Megasquirt (large images)
As they say; Keep it coming! :)

More
12 Oct 2008 22:05 #241529 by Bad Kaw
Replied by Bad Kaw on topic Megasquirt (large images)
Very cool.
-KR

78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

More
18 Oct 2008 22:36 #242534 by Makarth
score again:woohoo: ! turns out that the solar boat/car team has alot of scrap fiber glass and more importantly carbon fiber. i manage to convince them to even let me have the molding foam too. So now i gotta figure out a way to get the epoxy and carbon fiber to release from the mold (thinking wax paper?). oh btw the scrap sheet is a 3'x5' blanket. Looks like that vmax style airscoop is game on the next few weeks while i wait for funding on electric stuff for the old girl.:woohoo:

More
19 Feb 2009 13:26 #266208 by Makarth
aight so i'm busting the rust off this thread to show some new stuff. My project kinda died because i have been busy with school and work. So the throttle bodies i had bought before were useless to me because i couldnt get my greasy paws on EFI heads. But there is hope!!! check out these pics!!!

all for 50 bucks!!! I pooed myself a little when i opened the box! Not only that but the Bosch ford 5.0L injectors i have fit the injector holes! Again i crapped myself! This is too awesome. Now i wait for my tax return/stimulus check! To answer some questions i can anticipate, the silver TBs might go on sale as well as my old TB's from before depending if i can use the extra's on my bros DRZ400.

More
20 Feb 2009 13:20 #266569 by Makarth
small update.