Megasquirt (large images)

More
06 Aug 2008 21:33 #230600 by Makarth
Replied by Makarth on topic Megasquirt (large images)
yea its going to be port injection, i found a website that sells aluminum bungs for you to weld right into the runners. i wouldn't think making a ram intake would be too hard if you do the styrofoam technique which is what my school does for carbon fiber construction for our lunar bike competition. I'm gonna ask around for supplies for the project tomorrow and put up their response up here. Oh btw i'm doing the plenum and single throttle body to make it possible to turbo later and i cant find cheap throttle bodies except automotive ones :woohoo:

1977 kz1000 - Megasquirt project @ 40% wiring, plenum, and exhaust<--(done!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2008 15:15 - 07 Aug 2008 15:19 #230701 by Makarth

im excited finished my intake flange prototype!!!

Last edit: 07 Aug 2008 15:19 by Makarth.

• hardr0ck68
  • User
  • Who put the what in the where?
More
08 Aug 2008 22:58 #230939 by hardr0ck68
Replied by hardr0ck68 on topic Megasquirt (large images)
quick hijack,
Steel are gxsr or 636 throttle bodies easily modded to fit a kz head? I would guess the spacing of between #2 and #3 would need to be enlarged... how hard would it be, and would there be any benefits of it?

I keep thinking about the fuel injection stuff and following the threads, but honestly I would not want to use 20 year old injectors that are basically unavailable new on a project like that.

Sorry for the hijack...

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

More
09 Aug 2008 08:43 #230973 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Megasquirt (large images)
Yes, you have to change the spacing.

Lot's of motorcycle throttle body info here

The 2000 (and probably others) GSXR throttle bodies will fit in J model carb holders, and you have to slot the J model carb holder bolt holes to fit 650/750 heads.

77mm - 97mm - 77mm is the 650/750/900/1000/1100 carb spacing according to the above link, but I haven't actually measured it.

80mm - 80mm - 80mm is the carb spacing of the GSXR 650/750 throttle bodies according to the same link, I measured that one, and IIRC (it was a while back) it's correct.

Again, according to the above link, the 2003 636 uses two throttle bodies, each one is dual throat so you may have a problem separating them.

KD9JUR

More
12 Aug 2008 18:33 - 12 Aug 2008 18:54 #231675 by Makarth
ok minor update, i've decided to attempt to make my own throttle body from a billet aluminum block. here's my design so far but i'm waiting for TPS sensor to finish the drawing

i'm trying to make it as simple as possible and if it doesn't work i'm falling back to using a 302 efi mustang throttle body with a coolant delete. Oh also if anyone wants it, i can post the Acad file of the point cover

file uploaded!!! have fun with it!!

Last edit: 12 Aug 2008 18:54 by Makarth.

More
16 Aug 2008 09:00 #232323 by RoyNor
Replied by RoyNor on topic Megasquirt (large images)
This is interesting!

Nice pictures! :)

Sooner or later I will start on a injection Kawa, so I will learn!

Roy.

More
18 Aug 2008 19:41 - 18 Aug 2008 19:42 #232799 by Makarth
RoyNor wrote:

This is interesting!

Nice pictures! :)

Sooner or later I will start on a injection Kawa, so I will learn!

Roy.

thank you :laugh: i'm glad i got someone else interested in this system. It's a great system although i'm still waiting for my stim card to test it out.
Minor update: bike has a new name and it's flat black now, got my TPS sensor so i'm almost finished with throttle body design and hopefully i'll get to use the schools machines instead of paying 100 bucks to take it to a local machine shop.

the kanji is done semi by hand with clear coat nail polish. It says "Ryoko" a female name meaning Demon Caller.

Last edit: 18 Aug 2008 19:42 by Makarth.

More
20 Aug 2008 22:43 #233223 by Makarth
ok the throttle body is done so i'm going to go to US machine to get a quote on how much it's gonna cost me to make since my instructor won't let me use the machine:dry:
here's some pics.

this isn't the finished drawing but it has most of it. let's hope it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg

More
21 Aug 2008 15:54 #233323 by Makarth
big update!! My efi works!!!! Finished putting the the Stim board together and started up the EFI. This is awesome and i should have made noise for this video! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

More
21 Aug 2008 18:56 #233362 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Megasquirt (large images)
Try MegaTunix instead of MegaTune, it's got a nice selection of really cool gauges, and it runs on Windows/Linux/Unix/OSX/BSD. There's a MegaTunix Forum on msefi.com (the megasquirt site).

I installed Palm Tune on my Palm Vx last night, haven't had a chance to try it on my MS yet.

KD9JUR

More
21 Aug 2008 21:09 #233398 by Makarth
Uhhh i like the looks. I might use it on my wifes EEE PC. This is truly an awesome system and it makes me even more amped up for my project.

More
25 Aug 2008 21:38 #234009 by Makarth
Alright with the beginning of school my project has hit a snag. I'm looking for a quick fix for the bike so if any one has info on some GPZ throttle bodies i'm in the market for them.
Thanks