Owned for Nearly 40 Years

• Ian R Powell
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
31 Jan 2022 00:54 #861520 by Ian R Powell
Replied by Ian R Powell on topic Owned for Nearly 40 Years
Drawing one in Cad is a good Step but if you can have it 3D Scanned that's Evan better as it will be far more acurate and then all you need to do is have just a few Printed to make shure they work and off you go.
Ian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2022 09:47 - 31 Jan 2022 12:29 #861529 by Stereordinary
Replied by Stereordinary on topic Owned for Nearly 40 Years

DOHC post=861488
I've never tried to draw threads.  That seems like an interesting challenge.

Want to figure out what thread type and pitch that is?

Once you figure out what thread it is, head over to McMaster-Carr  and find a long screw with the right thread, click on it’s item number, and where it asks you for the quantity you want to order there is usually a little CAD symbol, click that and it will take you to a page where you can download a 3D file you can import for perfect threads. 

A breeze from the west.
‘90 ZR550 Zephyr
Last edit: 31 Jan 2022 12:29 by Stereordinary.

More
31 Jan 2022 10:37 #861532 by Mikaw
Replied by Mikaw on topic Owned for Nearly 40 Years

Drawing one in Cad is a good Step but if you can have it 3D Scanned that's Evan better as it will be far more acurate and then all you need to do is have just a few Printed to make shure they work and off you go.
Ian.
Just had a quote from a 3D scan shop. $500 to scan, reverse engineer, and create a printable file. Each piece printed is $50. OUCH!

1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

More
31 Jan 2022 10:39 #861533 by Mikaw
Replied by Mikaw on topic Owned for Nearly 40 Years

McMasterr-Carr DOHC post=861488
I've never tried to draw threads.  That seems like an interesting challenge.

Once you figure out what thread it is, head over to McMaster-Carr  and find a long screw with the right thread, click on it’s item number, and where it asks you for the quantity you want to order there is usually a little CAD symbol, click that and it will take you to a page where you can download a 3D file you can import for perfect threads. 
Not sure you will find a bolt with this pitch. Just guessing it’s about 4-5 TPI.

1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

• Ian R Powell
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
31 Jan 2022 12:05 #861538 by Ian R Powell
I trained as A Metrologist and did allot with Threads I have Thread Gauges now that tell me the T.P.I and with this and the Root Dia Internal/Outside Dia External the Thread can be Determined a Zues (Thread Form Drill Tapping Book) is also a good Idea as it has most Common Threads and gives you the Right Drill to use for and given Tap Size.

Ian.

• Ian R Powell
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
31 Jan 2022 12:21 - 31 Jan 2022 14:53 #861540 by Ian R Powell
No we use any old Plastic for the Prototypes then a Firm in the South of England 3D Print in PA12 at a very good Price and the Service and Quality is far better than on any Home Hobby Printer then the Machines they are using are Very Expensive but they print off multiple items in one go.

I find them Excellent to Deal with and  I help a friend of Mine who Races a 1959 Norton 500 Domiracer and the Bellmouths are 3D Printed along with a few other Parts in PA12 as they are Lighter than the Original these where produced by them also.
This 500cc Norton Produces 59bhp at the Rear Wheel on the Dyno and holds the Lap Record for Aintree it is the Fastest 500 Pushrod Twin around there.
Ian.
  • Last edit: 31 Jan 2022 14:53 by Street Fighter LTD.

• Street Fighter LTD
    • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
    More
    31 Jan 2022 14:55 #861552 by Street Fighter LTD
    Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Owned for Nearly 40 Years
    Ian   Next time click the insert all tab to finish installing the picture 
    Nice Bike 
    Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
    Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• Ian R Powell
    • Topic Author
    • User
    More
    02 Feb 2022 14:08 #861685 by Ian R Powell
    Thank you Dave I will attempt now to ensure it works for me if it has here is the Same Bike at the IOM Manx GP with D.S Aboard last race there in 2000 the bottom Photo is Bala Bridge on the TT Course and I had Better put the Photo of the Latest Z400 that the complete motor has been rebuilt from new old Stock parts . 

Thanks Ian.
  • Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ian R Powell
    • Topic Author
    • User
    More
    03 Feb 2022 12:38 #861739 by Ian R Powell

DOHC post=861488

Mikaw post=861486I have an item for you 3D print guys. I can’t find these anywhere. Kawasaki 11012-1083

I'd be willing to take a shot at drawing it in CAD.  I've never tried to draw threads.  That seems like an interesting challenge.

I should have one of my own to measure.

This is a Company who can 3D Scan your Part and then 3D Print it at a reasonable Price I haven't used there 3D Scanning but they 3D Print for me with great Service and Results  they are based in the UK.
    Printing Portal | MJF/SLS 3D Printing | Low Volume Production (printingportalhub.co.uk)