Hello from new member in SF Bay area

More
12 Dec 2017 11:32 #775912 by schroed911
Hello from new member in SF Bay area was created by schroed911
I'm a long time motorcyclist that always wanted a 900. I'm starting a project to buy and do a mostly original restomod and would welcome advice. I plan to do some of the work myself but would like to tap on some help. I'm a decent shade tree auto mechanic but want to work with someone with Kawasaki 900 experience to get it right. Plan is to disassemble the bike, re-chrome, powder coat repaint as required, rebuild engine with big bore kit, keep stock with the exception of suspension perhaps strengthening the frame, brake improvement better lighting if stock looking parts are available (I converted an old 911 to HID/LED).

My thoughts and questions are:

- Z1 or KZ?
- recommendations for shops that can assist with the restoration. Any local to northern CA?
- any other useful advice?

I spoke with Jim at Redline. Anyone have experience with Redline? If I can't find a local shop I'm considering working with a company like Redline.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
12 Dec 2017 12:14 #775914 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Hello from new member in SF Bay area
Welcome to KZRider
All the help you will need is available here thru our membership and vendors.
I would start with a KZ 900 or KZ 1000 as your starting point.
Main reason is the Z 1s are worth to much to make the described changes to versus a KZ platform .
Read some of our members build threads on street fighters ( Changing out suspensions and brakes to modern pieces ) But for now find a driver and enjoy it while you form a plan
Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.