New to me project bike

More
29 Aug 2017 19:59 #769966 by Beto198
New to me project bike was created by Beto198
Hi there everyone. I was just recently given an incomplete project bike from a friend. There is a long road ahead for me and the project, but I'm extremely excited about it. I'm looking forward to researching and learning about motorcycle mechanics and electrical. I consider myself very mechanically inclined, but I've only personally worked on cars and feel very comfortable around engines and drive trains in cars. I've helped my Dad with the motorcycles he has had, but that is the limit to my experience with a motorcycle . My inexperience is not a deterrent for me though. To make matters a bit more difficult is that I've relocated (2 weeks ago) to the San Antonio area, so my bike is sitting in my fathers garage four hours away waiting to get worked on. At the moment, I'm only able to do research. First thing on the list for me is to get the wiring done, since it doesn't have any. Starting points would be appreciated. Thanks for reading, hope to learn from you all.

77 KZ 650

There are four things you can never get back: the stone after it's thrown, the word after it's said, the occasion after it's missed, the time after it's gone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
29 Aug 2017 20:08 #769967 by SWest

More
29 Aug 2017 20:17 #769968 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic New to me project bike
Please add your bike's year and exact model to your signature line. Kawasaki made KZ models ranging from the single cylinder KZ200 up to the 6 cylinder KZ1300. As you can imagine, there are vast differences between the models. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)