First Time motorcycle owner!

More
13 Nov 2016 19:07 #747895 by Desjardins
First Time motorcycle owner! was created by Desjardins
Hey everyone! Just wanna introduce myself! I'm Dan, I'm 21 an just purchased my first motorcycle! It's a 1083 kz750 ltd shaft drive! I bought it for $500! It was in as is condition an didn't start! The last time it started was in 2006 supposible! The guy I bought it off had it everything in two boxs an the bike was strip down! He was trying to get it to start since he bought it in 2006 but no luck! So I got it home an started to piece it all back together an everything was coming along! Here's a list of some things I had to do! Oil pan bolt was strip, lights didn't work, hazard switch didn't work, cluster lights were burnt out, new throttle cable , new Dyna 3.0ohms coil packs, dyna ignition wires, ngk spark plugs, new oil all around, new battery, new vacuum lines an gas lines, all the wiring was a mess! After I did all that I was so nervous to try an start it! Just in case! So I first time trying to start a carb bike had the choke open all the way aha an wouldn't turn after ten mins an I was like worried! Then research carbs an then figured it out! 2nd attempt close the choke an push the electric start button an vroom! I nearly shit my pants! This thing rev up so high it was insane an I'm losing it aha an turn it off aha but holy shit it started! Another Kz lives an I'm glad to have gave it cpr an can't wait to get another to do the same but hopefully more of a puzzle!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 Nov 2016 19:29 #747899 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic First Time motorcycle owner!
Just be careful out there. Cagers don't see bikes and some ARE out to getcha. :unsure:
Steve

More
13 Nov 2016 20:15 #747904 by azman857
Replied by azman857 on topic First Time motorcycle owner!
I hope you take rider course to familiarize yourself with rideing. Most dealers know of a place. Our Community Colledge has 2 levels of rider courses. Helps on insurance sometimes too. Take it easy with the right wrist twisting until you have some road time under your tires.

I don't have a plan and I'm sticken' to it! '77 KZ 650 / 750 GPz custom project in progress

More
14 Nov 2016 17:54 #747984 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic First Time motorcycle owner!
Welcome Dan.
Do post up some pictures when you get a chance.
B)

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

• slmjim+Z1BEBE
  • User
  • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
More
15 Nov 2016 06:00 - 15 Nov 2016 06:01 #748008 by slmjim+Z1BEBE
Replied by slmjim+Z1BEBE on topic First Time motorcycle owner!
Hi Desjardins,
Welcome to our little corner of internet motorcycle madness.

Hmmm...
Semi-basket case as first bike... check.
Relatively big bike as first bike... check.
Never rode before... check.
"...can't wait to get another to do the same but hopefully more of a puzzle!!" Anxious to get another vintage bike in need of love... check.

Nothing like jumping into a trial by fire with both feet!

It's an affliction. Motorcycle Madness. slmjim & The Lovely Z1BEBE are afflicted as well, as are most of our forum members, just in varying degrees. We're here to help (but we're not from .gov) B) .

Seriously:
Get beginner rider training. It could save your life. And money, as in insurance discounts.
Good gear. Wear it, as in ATGATT. It could save your life. And skin. And head. And... you get the idea.
Ride your own ride. Don't follow other Riders into trouble,

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE

A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1973 ('72 builds) Z1 x2
1974 Z1-A x2
1975 Z1-B x2
1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

Last edit: 15 Nov 2016 06:01 by slmjim+Z1BEBE.