Search Results question?

More
17 Apr 2016 06:26 #721367 by DK900
Search Results question? was created by DK900
If I search for “whatever” and search titles only. I get a long list that appears to include all the posts in a thread with that in the title. Is there a way to list threads only? I didn’t see any way to do it, but thought I would ask to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

1976 KZ900-A4
1995 FLTCU Tourglide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
17 Apr 2016 06:29 #721370 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Search Results question?
You can narrow down your search by using the drop down menu and use a keyword.
Steve

More
17 Apr 2016 06:37 #721372 by DK900
Replied by DK900 on topic Search Results question?
Not sure what you mean. I’m using a single keyword and using the drop down to “search titles only”. It appears that if a thread with that keyword in the title has 20 posts; the search is returning all 20 posts individually.

1976 KZ900-A4
1995 FLTCU Tourglide

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
17 Apr 2016 06:46 #721375 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Search Results question?
I know me too. Maybe one of the others has a better way.
Steve

More
17 Apr 2016 09:31 #721406 by davido
Replied by davido on topic Search Results question?
This has always happened with me.I just put it down to my own technical incompetence involving computers.I rarely use the search engine because of it.
Someone said here recently that the search engine was my friend,which would be nice as I dont have any real friends .
I already struggle to load photos into my posts.Something (dont ask me what) changed in my camera one day out of the blue,now my photos are slightly too big and I have to faff around resizing them one by one.Pain in the arse.
Whinge over.Carry on.

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/594313-csr1000-project-build
CB550 (1978)
CB500/4 (1972)*
KZ1000CSR (1981)
XT 600E (1999)
TDM900 (2003)

More
17 Apr 2016 10:09 - 17 Apr 2016 10:11 #721412 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Search Results question?
An altertante method, using google to search kzrider specifically: type site:kzrider.com plus your search terms.
I don't know if this is more efficient than the kzr search feature.

example: site:kzrider.com jarlef z650

If you're looking for a photo, then choose google images: site:kzrider.com pod lifestyle, then click images or vice versa.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2016 10:11 by martin_csr.

More
17 Apr 2016 10:20 - 17 Apr 2016 10:21 #721415 by missionkz
Replied by missionkz on topic Search Results question?

davido wrote: This has always happened with me.I just put it down to my own technical incompetence involving computers.I rarely use the search engine because of it.
Someone said here recently that the search engine was my friend,which would be nice as I dont have any real friends .
I already struggle to load photos into my posts.Something (dont ask me what) changed in my camera one day out of the blue,now my photos are slightly too big and I have to faff around resizing them one by one.Pain in the arse.
Whinge over.Carry on.

Same damn thing happens to me now too!!! Plus, half the time the site flips my photos upside down or sideways.
Really starting to piss me off! LOL

Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado
Last edit: 17 Apr 2016 10:21 by missionkz.

More
17 Apr 2016 10:21 - 17 Apr 2016 10:24 #721416 by KZJOE900
Replied by KZJOE900 on topic Search Results question?
Seems to work as advertised. I do understand what results you want returned. Sounds like you would like a unique (single) title returned for each thread. Instead of all the posts from each thread. But how would the search engine know which post form each thread to display. First post, last? I supposed the search engine could have been designed with an option for just such a request. But that may have made it confusing to some. I search for 'Cam timing' and I got 52 hits with more than one thread represented in the results. The posts were sorted by date order. You could separate the threads by choosing the "Sort by Title" option. Still not ideal, but at least it gives you a sense of how many unique threads that match. I did that with my 'Cam timing' search and it made it easier to follow. Also, you can narrow the search by using the double quotes. When I used 'Cam timing' I got 52 hits, when I used '"Cam timing"' I got only 33 hits. That's because the double quoted ["Cam timing"] is considered as one key word as opposed to [Cam timing] which is different. Form example, [Cam timing] will retrn "timing cam" whereas ["Cam timing"] will not. With the latter search term, the match has to be in that order as an exact match. although the title can have more text along with it.

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450
Last edit: 17 Apr 2016 10:24 by KZJOE900.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionkz

More
17 Apr 2016 10:42 #721418 by davido

missionkz wrote:

davido wrote: This has always happened with me.I just put it down to my own technical incompetence involving computers.I rarely use the search engine because of it.
Whinge over.Carry on.

Same damn thing happens to me now too!!! Plus, half the time the site flips my photos upside down or sideways.

So is it my camera or the site? I am retarded when it comes to this sort of thing.

CB550 (1978)
CB500/4 (1972)*
KZ1000CSR (1981)
XT 600E (1999)
TDM900 (2003)

More
17 Apr 2016 11:02 - 17 Apr 2016 11:03 #721421 by KZJOE900
Replied by KZJOE900 on topic Search Results question?

davido wrote:

missionkz wrote:

Whinge over.Carry on.

So is it my camera or the site? I am retarded when it comes to this sort of thing.

Your display software. The software on your computer may not displaying it in the proper orientation, however it is not actually saved in the orientation that you are seeing it as. Google some research the topic and use an appropriate software / setting to save the photo in the correct orientation. The Kzrider site does not change the orientation of an uploaded photo.

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450
Last edit: 17 Apr 2016 11:03 by KZJOE900.

More
17 Apr 2016 11:22 #721424 by missionkz
Replied by missionkz on topic Search Results question?

KZJOE900 wrote:

davido wrote:

missionkz wrote:

Whinge over.Carry on.

Your display software. The software on your computer may not displaying it in the proper orientation, however it is not actually saved in the orientation that you are seeing it as. Google some research the topic and use an appropriate software / setting to save the photo in the correct orientation. The Kzrider site does not change the orientation of an uploaded photo.

I use Adobe Photoshop 12. Is that flipping my photos around before posting.
I have used it to spin the pictures around and then post only to find them again upside down or sideways,
But recently have also been told by the KZR site that my photos are too large....

Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado

More
17 Apr 2016 12:08 #721431 by davido

KZJOE900 wrote:

davido wrote:

missionkz wrote:

Whinge over.Carry on.

You lost me when you used the words 'Research' 'Software' and 'Settings'!

CB550 (1978)
CB500/4 (1972)*
KZ1000CSR (1981)
XT 600E (1999)
TDM900 (2003)