Hello all!

More
02 Mar 2016 11:33 #713462 by NikatKimber
Hello all! was created by NikatKimber
New member to KZr, but been lurking and reading for a while.

I had a Honda Shadow 750 ACE for my first bike. Owned it for a little over a year, put 10,000 miles on it, and sold it about 6 months after wrecking it while dating my wife. That was about 8 years ago. Haven't ridden at all since. I've been talking and dreaming about it, but she couldn't stand the idea of losing me. Well about 6 months ago we talked about it and she decided it'd be fun to get another bike; she like riding it with me, just was pretty scarred when I wrecked it.

Anyways, I started liking the KZs a couple years ago. Initially I wanted to get a KZ750 four and do a cafe type mod. Now the dream is a nice '80 or older KZ1000 with the duck tail. But for now, something to get riding for cheap is what I'm looking for.

I've found two KZ750s somewhat local to me. One is a '77 twin, the other an '82 four. Both seem pretty solid complete condition based on pics, with clean title, but not running currently. Both are $800. Would one be a better choice? If so why? Other than more carbs to tune on the four, would one be easier to get running and maintain?

Thanks! And happy riding!

N-N-N-No I ain't got nuthin' yet!

But on the hunt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
02 Mar 2016 12:45 #713468 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Hello all!
I'd chose the four for many reasons.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.