Hello From South Africa

More
17 Jan 2016 05:39 #707000 by BlackRabbit
Hello From South Africa was created by BlackRabbit
Hi Guy my names Richard , I have been lurking around this forum for about 6 months reading and getting information on how to do certain things on my bike and must say it has helped me alot.I use to ride about 10 Years back , so I'm just starting to get back into it .
I bought the bike from a co-worker of mine who just wanted to get rid of it.The bike was in bad shape and alot of parts were missing.so I took it to myself to revive the ol beast and make it my own.I have made a lot of progress but there is still a lot to do ,so any help is more than welcome.I attached some photos of how she stands atm.

Thank you

Richard

81 KZ1100
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
17 Jan 2016 05:51 #707001 by SWest

More
17 Jan 2016 06:08 #707002 by BlackRabbit
Replied by BlackRabbit on topic Hello From South Africa
Well I wont be commuting on it since work is quite the distance ,I will be mainly be using it on weekends to bumble around,Next on my shopping list is a front fork brace which a local guy makes and I was interested in Stiffening the frame but saw that there was a kit selling on a website ( cant remember the name ) but it seems it is discontinued.

81 KZ1100

More
17 Jan 2016 15:12 - 17 Jan 2016 15:18 #707068 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Hello From South Africa
Welcome.
B)

How far is work?
It looks like you've got a 1000 shafty there, which can easily handle a long ride.
Then again, your location might prohibit such a ride.

I'm sure there is a tail light somewhere, but one of my priorities would be getting a larger light on there to give the back end that bit it's missing, and be seen better.

How about a duck bill/tail?
KZ650 style?
I'll send you one for cost of mailing if you like:

[IMG

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s
Last edit: 17 Jan 2016 15:18 by rstnick.

More
18 Jan 2016 07:24 #707130 by BlackRabbit
Replied by BlackRabbit on topic Hello From South Africa
Thanks Nick, but I must decline as it would be probably be cheaper for me just to hit one of the local junkyards over here and find one.Its not just the commute but as in my trade (plumber) I cant exactly load some copper pipe and a toolbox on her and off we go :laugh: .
I do have a brake light at the back its a led one and seems to shine up quiet nicely, but I must say I do fancy that duck bill / tail, will have to definatly scavenge for one. picture I added you can see the brake light just under the seat.

81 KZ1100
Attachments:

More
18 Jan 2016 07:48 #707133 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic Hello From South Africa
Welcome to KZR. Build is looking good so far.

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project