New owner for Oklahoma City/Texas

More
22 Jul 2015 12:29 #682181 by AaronD24
New owner for Oklahoma City/Texas was created by AaronD24
Hey Guys i'm from Oklahoma City as of two months ago, originally from Dallas. I'm a new owner of a 1980 KZ440B that I got from a motorcycle salvage place (I call it a place because there wasn't really a yard) for $150. Doesn't run but it did turn over. I've recently gained a huge obsession of cafe racers. Not just the bikes themselves but the history of how they came to be. I know a lot people buy the bikes with intentions of restoring them and then completely abandon them, but I feel my intentions are real and I am prepared to invest as much free time as I can, and I have a lot of, to seeing this bike return to road once again. My dream cafe bikes is a honda cb750 But I'm still proud of my kz, which I have dubbed "Capitan Americano" or just "Cap". After some research on these bikes thru forums such as this I've been made aware of the carburetor issues of trying to do pods so I plan on doing the single carb conversion once 11thhour gets more of them. Unless someone may know of someone selling one. I'm not brave enough nor do I have the know how or tools to fabricate my own. I do have the original air box and carbs but one the diaphragms has a tear. And it seems the original setup was terrible anyway. I plan on replacing the points and condensers. It needs speedo and tach, starter switch, as well as the normal maintenance things like spark plugs, oil, etc. Anyways I'm looking forward to gaining more knowledge about these potentially magical machines from you guys and thanks for all your help now and in the future.

"We have no choice. So we fight -- and we win. There are no other options." Captain America

1980 KZ440B
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
22 Jul 2015 12:59 #682184 by SWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.