Long time lurker, Finally Registered.

• Operationivy
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Jul 2015 12:10 - 17 Jul 2015 12:12 #681373 by Operationivy
Long time lurker, Finally Registered. was created by Operationivy
Hello riders,
Its about time I stepped on here formally, as I've been lurking the forums ever since purchasing my first kz.

Time to lay a little background. I'm currently 26 and started riding / wrenching at 20 on a kawasaki klr250 enduro.
It really taught me the ins and outs of engine rebuilding as it was very poorly taken care of before I got ahold of it. Total summary for repairs were two exhaust cams, one head, bored and honed cylinder, and cam chain (all done by my hands). I rode that for about 5 years and stepped up to a 1983 KZ750 L3 purchased from a close friend. I fell in love with it.

I recently made a parts bike purchase of a neglected 81' KZ550 LTD ($200) . The owner claimed it had 60 psi in at least one cylinder. Luckily his readings were wrong and all four read off at 130psi. :silly: Through much of my forum lurking I determined it only needed a new pulsing ignition. Slapped a new one in and it started to breathe again. I've been making it into a bobber of sorts and have plans to make a jockey shifter in the next week or two but replacing the current seat (half a skateboard) has priority.

Aside from this introduction I have a very relative inquiry. Does anyone know of a source for the SITO KZ550 Crossover Exhaust?
My 550's right exhaust has a gnarly crack just before the cross connection and I'm more looking to grab the SITO and two slipons to revive this bikes look.

I'll be getting some photos up of both bikes over the weekend.
Thanks for having a place to gather and mash ideas over these great bikes

-Opiv
Last edit: 17 Jul 2015 12:12 by Operationivy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
17 Jul 2015 12:13 #681375 by SWest

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
17 Jul 2015 13:05 #681385 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Long time lurker, Finally Registered.
You're not the only one. We have people watching every day. Welcome aboard and hello to the ones out there. B)
Steve

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
18 Jul 2015 09:46 - 18 Jul 2015 09:46 #681502 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Long time lurker, Finally Registered.
At this moment there are 277 guests on line. Don't be shy, jump in. :woohoo:
Steve
Last edit: 18 Jul 2015 09:46 by SWest.

More
21 Jul 2015 06:07 #681943 by fixitmann
Replied by fixitmann on topic Long time lurker, Finally Registered.
Welcome, can't help much with your exhaust though. Good luck and post up some pictures as you go.

So the old Rocker gets out his bike to make a ton before he takes his leave. Up on the A1 by Scotch Corner
just like it used to be. And as he flies --- tears in his eyes ---
his wind-whipped words echo the final take and he hits the trunk road doing around 120 with no room left to brake.