• NobleHops
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
  • A happy present from the earth!
More
18 Mar 2015 07:05 - 16 Oct 2015 10:31 #664812 by NobleHops
Greetings from NobleHops - FNG was created by NobleHops
Greetings to all,

My name is Nils, online I am usually "NobleHops". Let me dispel any suspicion of me ascribing nobility to myself with that moniker, it's actually a reference to (Mmmmm!) beer. Thus spake Wikipedia:

"The term "noble hops" traditionally refers to varieties of hops which are low in bitterness and high in aroma. They are the European cultivars or races Hallertau, Tettnanger, Spalt, and Saaz.[33] They are not bred as "modern" hop varieties but they are wild hops found and named for a specific region or city in which they were first found or by the farmer which found them or first propagated them."

So that's me, low in bitterness, but high in aroma :-). I live in Tucson, Arizona, a recent transplant to the desert from Boston, by way of California. Married, ex tech geek, sort-of failing at retirement, more on that later.

With that out of the way, lets talk about bikes. I love them, same as you. The current stable includes a BMW R1200GS, Suzuki DRZ400, (2) 1980 Honda CBXs, a 1977 Honda CB400F, a 1975 Kawasaki H2 750, and of course a 1975 Kawasaki Z1 900, the object of our affection here.

The 400F was the most recent 'big' project, was just finally finished, have a skim of that project here if you like:

Attachment N1.jpg not found

Attachment n2.jpg not found

The CBX is also restored...

Attachment n3.jpg not found

Attachment n4.jpg not found

Attachment n5.jpg not found

and I just did a fast 1-month sprucing-up of the H2.

Attachment n7.jpg not found

Attachment n8.jpg not found

Attachment n9.jpg not found

I'm just tearing into the Z1 now, will post up a project thread on that next. Would be very grateful to tap the collective wisdom here as I go, will try to contribute an entertaining build thread with a few "oops" knuckles in return. Thanks in advance for your help with my Z1.

Nils Menten * RestoCycle LLC * Tucson, Arizona * USA

Proud sponsor of KZRider: kzrider.com/forum/14-vendor-forum/604812...on-shocks-usa#751083

Vapor blasting with free shipping! www.restocycle.com
Discounted Ikon Shocks! www.ikonshocksusa.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Oct 2015 10:31 by Patton. Reason: rule compliance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
18 Mar 2015 07:21 #664815 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Greetings from NobleHops - FNG
I told a friend the owner of Handy Cycles I was buying a 1975 Z1b. He showed me his H2 750 and said I could have it for $900 and it will blow the Z1's away. I got on the bike and took it to the 405 FWY on ramp and nailed it. I couldn't keep the front end down. Went through all the gears, came back shaking, said no thanks and bought the Z1 the next day. Now that was a Murdercycle. My Z1b had 84 miles on it. A demo and have owned it ever sense. No regrets.
Steve

• NobleHops
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
18 Mar 2015 09:24 - 18 Mar 2015 09:25 #664826 by NobleHops
Replied by NobleHops on topic Greetings from NobleHops - FNG

swest wrote: I told a friend the owner of Handy Cycles I was buying a 1975 Z1b. He showed me his H2 750 and said I could have it for $900 and it will blow the Z1's away. I got on the bike and took it to the 405 FWY on ramp and nailed it. I couldn't keep the front end down. Went through all the gears, came back shaking, said no thanks and bought the Z1 the next day. Now that was a Murdercycle. My Z1b had 84 miles on it. A demo and have owned it ever sense. No regrets.
Steve

Yeah, I had it out for a quick burst around the parking lot a couple of days ago, and in second gear the front end was...light, and it's just been revived after sitting for some years. I can't fathom how they raced these things with that lightswitch powerband. The two-stroke thing is impressive, but frankly Not For Me :-).

Proud sponsor of KZRider: kzrider.com/forum/14-vendor-forum/604812...on-shocks-usa#751083

Last edit: 18 Mar 2015 09:25 by NobleHops.

More
18 Mar 2015 14:09 #664857 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Greetings from NobleHops - FNG
Lovely job on the Hondas. Especially the 400/4. A friend had one back in the 70s. Great bike

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

• NobleHops
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
18 Mar 2015 14:11 #664858 by NobleHops

JR wrote: Lovely job on the Hondas. Especially the 400/4. A friend had one back in the 70s. Great bike

Thanks a lot JR!

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
18 Mar 2015 14:31 #664861 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Greetings from NobleHops - FNG
Welcome Aboard Hops :)

Nice Bikes. But that tracked snow blower in the garage really got my attention :lol:
Living in Tucson you may want to consider selling that beast :laugh:

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• NobleHops
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
18 Mar 2015 14:54 #664864 by NobleHops

Street Fighter LTD wrote: Welcome Aboard Hops :)

Nice Bikes. But that tracked snow blower in the garage really got my attention :lol:
Living in Tucson you may want to consider selling that beast :laugh:

A+ SF, sharp eyes! That photo is from when I first dug into the CBX in...2010?

That is a tracked Honda 7/28 and I sold it to my neighbor when we moved from MA 2 1/2 years ago. He said it saved his bacon this winter, as you can imagine, Fantastic machine but of the two Hondas in the photo the CBX was faster and chicks dig it more :-).

More
18 Mar 2015 18:10 #664879 by azman857
Replied by azman857 on topic Greetings from NobleHops - FNG
Welcome from a fellow Tusonan transplant. Nice looking rides you have there. I knew an H-2 owner back inthe early 80's and it was build up and raced at the Las Vegas race track up the road from Nellis AFB. Perhaps we can meet up at BikeNight at the Barrio Brewery sometime. Check out the TVMR (Tucson Vintage Motorcycle Riders) group on yahoo.

I don't have a plan and I'm sticken' to it! '77 KZ 650 / 750 GPz custom project in progress

• NobleHops
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
19 Mar 2015 11:20 #664937 by NobleHops

azman857 wrote: Welcome from a fellow Tusonan transplant. Nice looking rides you have there. I knew an H-2 owner back inthe early 80's and it was build up and raced at the Las Vegas race track up the road from Nellis AFB. Perhaps we can meet up at BikeNight at the Barrio Brewery sometime. Check out the TVMR (Tucson Vintage Motorcycle Riders) group on yahoo.

Thanks man, much appreciated. I do lurk around the TVMR group, showed my two Hondas at the event last fall, have been to Barrio a half-dozen times. Let's definitely meet and say hi!

N.