Scored a 74 Kawasaki z1a 900

More
14 Mar 2015 11:16 - 14 Mar 2015 11:19 #664399 by ed spangler
Replied by ed spangler on topic Scored a 74 Kawasaki z1a 900

650ed wrote: If you ask me it is a big mistake to cut up a Z1!

Just clean it up, sell it, and use the money to buy a KZ1000 that is not in great condition. You should end up with enough money from the sale of the Z1 to pay for the KZ1000 plus many of the mods you care to make to it. In the end you'll have a better performing & handling bike than you would with the Z1. Ed

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+1 650ed is spot on!
If youre gonna make a Modded bike or a Cafe Racer......buy a later KZ that there are a lot of! Or even a Police Bike and mod it!
I have seen some AWESOME 90's Police bikes that have been modded!
And ditto on what early Z's bringing, even if you spent $5K on this bike you are in it for free you say, I bet you would double or maybe even triple your investment! That would more than fund a later model project bike.
My bike is no show winner and I have had been followed/chased down on the highway with people wanting to buy it!! Mines a Resto-Mod '75, I did the Resto Mod on mine,only because mine was in terrible shape when I got it and I didnt have the funds to totally restore i/bring it back to new stock, But I plan on it someday!
Regards and good Luck!

Have 1975 Kawasaki Z1-B & 2003 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic
Had Hondas, Harleys and many ,many Z Series Kaws both Std. & LTD's
Last edit: 14 Mar 2015 11:19 by ed spangler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
14 Mar 2015 11:38 #664404 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Scored a 74 Kawasaki z1a 900
God I hate to see them chopped up. I saw a CB 750 chopped up for $2200. It was only a 78 and had high rise bars, extenders, chopper style king/queen seat with a sissy bar, sheet metal rear fender and a skull tail light. It's a 78 so no loss but I couldn't help sending a e-mail, Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Pieces/parts.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.