Kick starting my recent enrollment

More
18 Apr 2015 19:56 - 18 Apr 2015 19:56 #668608 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Kick starting my recent enrollment
Not just purdy; she's in beautiful condition! I sincerely hope you plan to keep her stock as she really is a rare survivor in that condition. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Last edit: 18 Apr 2015 19:56 by 650ed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2015 21:40 - 19 Apr 2015 03:27 #668624 by RFE81LTD1K
Replied by RFE81LTD1K on topic Kick starting my recent enrollment
I do. (Damn, I haven't said those words in over 30 years.) I still have her too. LOL

What I meant was that I do intend to keep it stock. A couple of my sons keep telling me I should do this or do that to it. I keep telling them no that it's an awesome bike just like it is. I have to pay tribute to the friend I sold it to 22 years ago for keeping such good care of it. It looks almost as good as it did whenI sold it to him and he rode away on it. Although he was kinda hard to see through my tears. LOL Now my tears are of joy that I have it again. :woohoo:

Having it now especially still in the condition it is I can appreciate and respect what it is more than I did when I was younger. I say that because if I had it all these years I'm sure it wouldn't look like it does today. Not only did I ride it with a fist full of throttle but we raised 7 boys during it's absents. And you know I wouldn't have been able to keep them off of it forever. Although regretfully by now it would likely be a wrecked or blown up rusted heap leaning against the fence in the back yard with weeds growing through it. LOL.

Thank you for your appreciation of this classic bike.
Robert

81 KZ1000 LTD
All original.
15k miles.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2015 03:27 by RFE81LTD1K.

More
19 Apr 2015 12:14 #668705 by Mellvis
Replied by Mellvis on topic Kick starting my recent enrollment
That story and bike is awesome! My to 650s where bikes that belonged to my Mom and Dad. It's so much better to have a bike with a family history than a new bike. I just acquired a KZ1300 that belonged to a good friend since I was very young and it's fun to have the bikes with the memories. Get it on the road and enjoy it! Looks like you don't have much to do.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
19 Apr 2015 15:48 #668749 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Kick starting my recent enrollment
The history is what makes it special. Mine sat for 15 years. It always ran but it needed the cam chain train redone. I just wish I'd taken better care on her though. I could have saved a lot of money. You don't see these anymore. I hate to see them hacked up. If the kids want a choped up bike, they can find one and hack away. Good for you. :woohoo:
Steve