• Space Truckin
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
11 Sep 2014 18:00 - 11 Sep 2014 18:04 #647176 by Space Truckin
Newbie was created by Space Truckin
Just picked up an original 82 GPZ 750 w 18k on clock (wonderful shape, posted a pic GPZ 750) had been on the hunt for a 77 Yamaha RD400 Chappy Red. The bike starts, goes and stops. I want to upgrade braking (what discs/ pads are available?) SAFETY FIRST check sprockets and change chain, supspension and the list goes on. I think first and foremost I need a service manual and also parts interchange book. Any and all help is appreciated :woohoo:

Attachment 00M0M_7OAN0cgxHkL_600x450.jpg not found

1982 GPZ 750
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Sep 2014 18:04 by Space Truckin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2014 18:29 #647177 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Newbie
Welcome aboard! Nice bike! Here's a link to some info that should be helpful in maintaining your bike.

kzrider.com/forum/10-new-members/589649-...r-savannah-ga#594587

Until you can get a hardcopy, here's a link to an electronic copy of the Kawasaki Service Manual that covers your bike. The 1982 GPz 750 is the KZ750-R1. This manual contains info on that model (model list is on last page of manual).

mbsween.bike-night.com/kz750l3/media/GPz750-full.pdf

Regarding parts cross reference; Kawasaki.com is a great site that has that info. Here's how to use it.

Go to Kawasaki.com. On left side put cursor over "Owner Information" then on drop down menu click on "Parts Diagrams." The click "Continue" next to "Motorcycles" and click on model/year/etc. on drop down. Once you get the list of parts for your bike you can click on the category of parts - such as "Air Cleaner" and you will see a diagram of all the parts for that category. Then when you click on an actual part number on the list under the diagram it will say if the Item Status is "Active." If it is "Active" Kawasaki still sells the part through dealers. Also, at that little page you can click on the yellow highlighted question mark for a cross reference of which bikes share that part or click on the red highlighted S to see earlier part numbers for the same part.
If you want to change bike models you can enter the new model at the top. Also, you can put in just the first part of the model (i.e. KZ650) and it will list all the years and sub models. You also can put in a part number up top and switch the word "MODEL" to "PART NUMBER" using the little drop down in that box. If you do that it will show all the models that part is used on.

Good luck with your "new" bike.
Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• Space Truckin
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
11 Sep 2014 18:38 - 11 Sep 2014 18:45 #647178 by Space Truckin
Replied by Space Truckin on topic Newbie
Thank you so much, my first order of business will be brakes, suspension and sprockets/ chain. Looks like I have 390 pages to start reading on my computer.Wow that Kawasaki .com is GREAT

1982 GPZ 750
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
Last edit: 11 Sep 2014 18:45 by Space Truckin.