greetings from portlandia

More
16 Aug 2013 04:26 #601651 by sefbee
greetings from portlandia was created by sefbee
hey there..

ive been lurking around the forum for a little while now, and finally figured out how to reset my password nd log in, so i can actually ask a few questions.
im currently building a kz200 for my girlfriend, and will probably need some help here and there.

i haven't had much luck, searching online, as it seems the kz200 was never really popular outside of indonesia.

anyway- here's how she sits so far...

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

thanks for providing this resource.

seth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2013 13:56 - 16 Aug 2013 14:02 #601705 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic greetings from portlandia
Looks great!

Here's a manual, in case you need one. Not sure of the year.
home.comcast.net/~loudgpz/Kz200fsm.pdf

I like the brembo.

I wonder, if you swapped the fork legs, you could put the caliper behind the disk, instead of above it, for a more modern look. Flipping the wheel, then, would put the caliper on the right side, and the bleeder would still be at the top. Although flipping the wheel would require an electronic speedo since the speedo cable would go backwards.

Not sure it's possible, but I think people used to do that on the early KZ's.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2013 14:02 by loudhvx.

More
16 Aug 2013 15:21 #601714 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic greetings from portlandia
Welcome to KZR...there are a few KZ200 owners on this site, but you are correct that most of the KZ200's went to Indonesia. As you probably have figured out by now, some KZ200 parts are difficult to source in North America.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
16 Aug 2013 23:55 #601778 by sefbee
Replied by sefbee on topic greetings from portlandia

loudhvx wrote: Looks great!

Here's a manual, in case you need one. Not sure of the year.
home.comcast.net/~loudgpz/Kz200fsm.pdf

I like the brembo.

I wonder, if you swapped the fork legs, you could put the caliper behind the disk, instead of above it, for a more modern look. Flipping the wheel, then, would put the caliper on the right side, and the bleeder would still be at the top. Although flipping the wheel would require an electronic speedo since the speedo cable would go backwards.

Not sure it's possible, but I think people used to do that on the early KZ's.

thanks! much appreciated!

as for the brembo, i think i'm going to go with a rear caliper off of a ducati monster. it will require a lot less work to make it functional. pretty sure all i will need is a bracket, and a brake lever/master.

i thought about swapping the fork legs, but i really like the speedo i've sourced for this build, and i've made a cool little bracket for it, so i think i'm kinda committed to using the standard style, and not electronic.

i'll post more pics in the appropriate section when i have some more done.

thanks!

More
16 Aug 2013 23:57 #601779 by sefbee
Replied by sefbee on topic greetings from portlandia

Mcdroid wrote: Welcome to KZR...there are a few KZ200 owners on this site, but you are correct that most of the KZ200's went to Indonesia. As you probably have figured out by now, some KZ200 parts are difficult to source in North America.

yep. hen's teeth.

although, i really like these little bikes. i think i'm going to do another one as soon is i'm finished with this build.