1983 KZ 750 LTD Shaft Drive - New Member From Nebr

More
13 Nov 2012 22:21 #558254 by litespd
Hi Gary...yes, the shop I found is Gretna Cycle. Ironically, it was Dillon Brothers that recommended them to me, too. I find their "internal policy" a bit strange, as I know for a fact that at least one of their technicians owned and worked on old KZ's at the now defunct Bennett Cycle here in Fremont. I guess they are just worried that they'll rip something apart only to find that the parts they need are no longer available. Gretna Cycle was great to work with, and very reasonable. They got my problem figured out and fixed in no time. In fact, they could have sold it for me....when I went to pick it up, the tech asked me if I wanted to sell it, as 4 different guys looked at it while it was sitting there, and asked if it was for sale. ;)

As for your speedometer....you might also try asking on the KZ 1000 rider's forum on Facebook. There's also one for the KZ 750 at:
www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Kawasaki-KZ750...387035577588?fref=ts

Might be able to find what you're looking for there. I've also found some vintage Kawasaki parts dealers via Google...might give that a try.

Mike

upncummr wrote: Hi litespd:

Thanks for the welcome.

I have a friend that lives in Fremont so I spend a littel time there on the weekends every now and then. Maybe we'll get a chance to ride together.

Is the cycle shop in Gretna that you were referring to Gretna Cycle? They were recommended to me by Dillon Brothers Cycles in Omaha after Dillon said their internal policy was to not work on bikes older than 10 years old.

Now that I'm wrapping up the work on the bike, I may take it out there to have their guys double-check everything and give it a good once over.

Gary

1982 KZ1000 LTD

"Wandering aimlessly through life without a plan, a reason, or a clue."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2016 21:28 #719317 by Kevinbmxshred
Replied by Kevinbmxshred on topic 1983 KZ 750 LTD Shaft Drive - New Member From Nebr
Beautiful bike! Here is a picture of one I recently purchased. Paid 1000$ for when I bought it I had a sissy bar tall handlebars and dust and grime caked on all over the bike. I have since cleaned it up and am in the process of making it a mean little machine
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.