hey

More
17 Sep 2011 15:38 #477496 by purple_haze
Replied by purple_haze on topic hey
@ ed, those were under the seat, im pretty sure they are oem, the mini sledge was just out of the frame, oem also i believe, i think the difference between mostly dead and all dead is the same difference as should have scrapped it and did scrap it, im planning on using the csr frame, it seems a lot heavier with much more bracing, and i dont have the 900 title yet, my friend is making me the spacer for the kawi neck into the 05 gsxr tiple, i told him to make me a couple extras since the setup is the hard part, i have 2 sets of gsxr forks, im going to look at a bike today, i put an ad on craigslist looking for old kaws, i guy called me with an 83 1000 with no title, complete, runs, and luckily for him, he doesnt think its worth much, i only know of one 83 1000, and it CANT be one of those, so we shall see

the trouble with you is the trouble with me, you got two good eyes but still dont see...
jerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2011 15:57 #477497 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic hey

purple_haze wrote: @ ed, those were under the seat, im pretty sure they are oem, the mini sledge was just out of the frame, oem also i believe, i think the difference between mostly dead and all dead is the same difference as should have scrapped it and did scrap it, im planning on using the csr frame, it seems a lot heavier with much more bracing, and i dont have the 900 title yet, my friend is making me the spacer for the kawi neck into the 05 gsxr tiple, i told him to make me a couple extras since the setup is the hard part, i have 2 sets of gsxr forks, im going to look at a bike today, i put an ad on craigslist looking for old kaws, i guy called me with an 83 1000 with no title, complete, runs, and luckily for him, he doesnt think its worth much, i only know of one 83 1000, and it CANT be one of those, so we shall see

A 1983 1000? That would be realllly cool if it turns out to be an R2! Anything's possible; there are lots of folks who don't know much about what they own. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
17 Sep 2011 21:52 #477538 by purple_haze
it ended up being an 80 ltd 1000 with under 10k, its been painted, but looks stock and complete, its been sitting 10 years but the guy said he put gas and a battery in it last year and it fired right up,
the bike is clean, the inside of the tank is clean, he wants $500 for it, his son in law lost the title, i think im gonna buy it

the trouble with you is the trouble with me, you got two good eyes but still dont see...
jerry

More
17 Sep 2011 22:06 #477543 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic hey
If his son in law lost the title have him go get a duplicate. That will be a million times easier than you trying to get one with just a bill of sale. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
17 Sep 2011 23:32 #477561 by purple_haze
it wasnt in his name, i have a friend whose a cop, im gonna see if he can track the guy down for me, maybe it was original paint, i just found one on ebay that sold for 2600 with twice the miles and similar condition that looks a lot like it
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-Kawasaki-LT...item3f0dd0702d#v4-38

personally i like the black charcoal version better

jerry

More
18 Sep 2011 10:39 #477627 by Chaotic Reason
Replied by Chaotic Reason on topic hey
If you go to Kawasaki.com and work your way through to the parts diagram for the bike you're going to use, the parts you look up will also say what other bikes use those same parts. I'm writing this on my iPod, otherwise I'd post you a direct link, sorry.
And may I say that I admire your determination and definitely look forward to seeing yor vision become a reality.

Michael
1980 KZ1000 shaft drive

More
19 Sep 2011 01:20 #477792 by purple_haze
thanks chaotic, im gonna start a new thread to try and get info on the bike im picking up tommorow

jerry

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
19 Sep 2011 02:10 #477804 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic hey
so what did you do with the 76? B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
19 Sep 2011 03:16 #477809 by purple_haze
still got it, the guy i got it from is supposed to be finding the title but you know how that goes, it was left with the valve cover off outside so the pistons are froze in the bore, i got it soaking, do ya need somethin off it?

jerry