hi. just another project for me. having fun.

More
06 Jan 2011 17:37 #420419 by metrorollah
Hey all,
My name is Jason and I am nearing my 30th motorcycle in about 25 years of riding safely. I just bought a 1979 KZ650SR and am enjoying, how can I say, personalizing it. I will have a few questions. I can certainly buy a manual, but its actually more fun learning this way. The manual gives you THE answer, but I find that there are more than one answer. Just try the streetfighter forums!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2011 09:23 #420537 by z650c3
Welcome to the madhouse . Manuals are invaluable to most of us but I understand your line of thought . I hope I dont piss you off on here as that thingy in you avatar would shut a lot of people up .:ohmy:

Enjoy

c3

1979 z650 c3 first registered in 1981
2006 Harley Davidson VRSCR
Northern Ireland

• hocbj23
  • Visitor
07 Jan 2011 14:13 #420610 by hocbj23
Replied by hocbj23 on topic hi. just another project for me. having fun.
metrorollah wrote:

Hey all,
My name is Jason and I am nearing my 30th motorcycle in about 25 years of riding safely. I just bought a 1979 KZ650SR and am enjoying, how can I say, personalizing it. I will have a few questions. I can certainly buy a manual, but its actually more fun learning this way. The manual gives you THE answer, but I find that there are more than one answer. Just try the streetfighter forums!

There are as many answers out there as there are people willing to give u one.Problem is,some of them do not know their a--hole from their elbow.A manual (if Kaw service manual) will give u the manufacturers recommendations for keeping a Stock bike maintained and running the way it should.Ur bike,ur money,freelance all u want or need to.Lots of guys here that can help u pick up the pieces.BJ

More
07 Jan 2011 15:05 #420616 by 650ed
Welcome aboard. I like the way you think. You don't need no stinkin' manual; manuals are for cowards and bookworms. All you need is an account with these folks:

Link

B)

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)