new guy B.C.

More
05 Jun 2010 09:38 #373635 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic new guy B.C.
the bike will have to be running in most cases in order to shift past 1st don't sweat it just get it up and running then worry about it

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2010 17:59 #373757 by wannaby
Replied by wannaby on topic new guy B.C.
Guess so .....just wanted to roll it over slowly in 4th gear to see If I could gently get the pistons unstuck without cranking the starter.

More
05 Jun 2010 18:39 - 05 Jun 2010 21:39 #373775 by wannaby
where is the starter lockout button is it the little square one on the left handlbar on the right top corner....
also cant get the nuetral switch to light up on the guages.
....never mind found out that switch is the hasard switch...so pulled the right engin cover and found this.
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jun 2010 21:39 by wannaby.

More
05 Jun 2010 22:13 #373805 by wannaby
wannaby wrote:

where is the starter lockout button is it the little square one on the left handlbar on the right top corner....
....never mind found out that switch is the hasard switch...so pulled the right engin cover and found this.

Attachments:

More
06 Jun 2010 23:11 #374039 by wannaby
wannaby wrote:

wannaby wrote:

So I read somewhere that ya can try to turn that nut with your hand I tryed it and couldnt budge it ....so stuck a socket on it and it spun a quarter turn and shot my atf,oil,diesle out of the open sparkplug hole....LOL....So found out that at least the motor isnt siezed...

More
07 Jun 2010 02:22 #374044 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic new guy B.C.
wannaby wrote:

...read somewhere that ya can try to turn that nut with your hand I tryed it and couldnt budge it ....so stuck a socket on it and it spun a quarter turn and shot my atf,oil,diesle out of the open sparkplug hole....LOL....So found out that at least the motor isnt siezed...

Just to confirm ---

The 17mm "fake" nut is designed for hand turning the crankshaft in a non-frozen engine.

Never use the smaller bolt head to rotate the crankshaft.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
07 Jun 2010 09:40 #374080 by wannaby
Thx ....yes I didnt turn it hard or put pressure on it it turned about 1/4 turn fairly easy just a little pressur with the socket ...that was it dont plan on using it to turn the engine again just surprized me when a shot of goop atf,oil,ect that I had been pouring into the cylinder shot out and almost got me in the eye....LOL....

More
07 Jun 2010 12:09 #374111 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic new guy B.C.
As the engine isn't frozen :cheer: , should be okay to rotate the crankshaft by using the larger 17mm "nut" because that's it's purpose.

And of course it's usually easier to rotate with spark plugs removed.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
07 Jun 2010 12:17 #374115 by wannaby
CoolB) thats the plan soon just cleaning up stuff today ..working on trying to get some power issus sorted out ...posted in the electrical catagory....:cheer: :woohoo: :laugh:

More
07 Jun 2010 12:39 #374126 by wannaby
So I gave it a 1/4 turn in nuetral but the clutch is turning to is that ok or is mayby the clutch siezed still cleaning up the clutch cover and cable so cant pull in the clutch but should it turn in nuetral??

More
07 Jun 2010 13:08 #374130 by wannaby
Is this setup called pulse coil....do those square black wired boxes have to be in good condition mine are all corroded on the tit that runns on the shaft...

More
07 Jun 2010 15:57 #374189 by wannaby
So got the plate and magnets all cleaned up now how do you remove the advance weights they seem stuck .....and they dont turn.
Attachments: