Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hey! 12 Jan 2006 20:23 #17614

• KZPrincess900
  • KZPrincess900's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey! I'm Lauren i bought a 76KZ900 for my dad for $450....he didn't have the $$ so I bought it for him. One problem. I can't ride it. Hell, I can't even plant my feet...which is why I'm asking...does anyone know if it's possible to lower the bike at least 6 inches lower than it is now? I tried google but I'm not sure what to look for. And another thing. My dad is kinda teaching me some mechanisms of the bike(I'm only 17 and have 20 zillion jobs I want to have and 50 places I want to live) and I know how to test the pressure in teh spark plugs...you hook up a little gold peice with a hose on it to the spark plug and open the throttle all the way....I love releasing it when it makes that hissssss sound...oh my god it gets my every time! Right now It's navy blue with a black and blue flamed corbin seat(i gotta know how much that runs for i gotta sell that to buy a double seat so when I don't ride I can go with my dad....or throw a hott guy on the back of it...either or....would a navy blue base with pink flames be cool? I was watching OCC Monday night with the fantasy bikes and got to thinkin thats how I want mine...the front of the tank nearest the triple tree would start the base of the flames as dark magenta and as they got closer to the other end if the tank, fade into white. all sparkly of course(a girl needs some sparkle in her life, you know!) alright, sorry it's such a long post, but its a first and im happy....
Lauren AKA KZPrincess900

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hey! 12 Jan 2006 20:38 #17617

• wireman
  • Visitor
have you ever actually ridden a bike? a 900 kawasaki is a lot of machine to try and handle!

Hey! 12 Jan 2006 20:48 #17619

• dutchz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Girl... you can TOTALLY lower the bike 6 inches! Just take the seat off and deflate the tires!
1974 Kawasaki Z1
Stock front hub and rear axle.

Hey! 12 Jan 2006 20:54 #17621

• ten6
  • User
I am not sure how possible 6 inches is. I am sure it can be done but not using any of the common simple methods. Some of the fabricators on here should chime in any time now...by the way...Welcome to KZRider!!!
Michigan City, Indiana
Firefighter MCFD IAFF Local #475
(3) KZ650s (1) 1996 Vulcan 1500A (1) 1978 KZ1000 (1) 1986 Yamaha Radian 600
2000 Dodge Ram 4x4
1960 Chevy Bel-Air

Hey! 12 Jan 2006 21:34 #17626

• wireman
  • Visitor
short shocks,raise your forks in the trees,that bike must be pretty high for you to have an extra six inches of clearance in there!goodluck,happy wrenching!

Hey! 13 Jan 2006 04:38 #17660

• Snakebyte
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
You bought your Dad a KZ from your hard earned money.:blush: that brings a tear to my eye.
I bet he is happy:woohoo: .
Everything is possible, it all depends on how bad you want it. There is no such thing as can't, but there is a such thing as you don't want to.

Hey! 13 Jan 2006 13:15 #17739

• tganek
  • Visitor
KZ900 for $450? with a Corbin seat... That could be the deal of the century! You could make some bucks on the seat off eBay.

"would a navy blue base with pink flames be cool?"
I'm sure there are guys here about ready to cry! But you're a 17 yr old chick with a KZ900. You are so COOL you have no idea.

"throw a hott guy on the back of it"
No hot guy will EVER ride on the back. Hot guys already have a Kaw!

Hey! 13 Jan 2006 17:22 #17765

• KZPrincess900
  • KZPrincess900's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
To wireman: Nope, i'm trying to beg my dad into teaching me how to ride, but we cant find a bike slow enough to teach me on cause a 900 has WAY too much power for me...
To Ten6: Thanks for the welcome! It was much aprreciated! And I hop all goes as planned to lower the bike(and learning how to ride number one, lol)...
To Snakebyte: Great analogy about the cant/dont want to....that would be a great senior quote for me to use next year for the yearbook...

Hey! 13 Jan 2006 18:20 #17774

• kwakagoose
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
KZPrincess900 Put the 900 away for right now. That's going to be your power bike for later. A used ninja 250 is the perfect beginner bike. That's what I always teach people on. After one Summer then you can move up to any cc you want. Lets see some pics of that 900.

Hey! 14 Jan 2006 15:32 #17906

• froggy
  • User
love to see female riders dont be intimidated post a pic of that bad girl bike you have there have u dropped it yet?

Hey! 14 Jan 2006 17:33 #17920

• Kodiak
  • User
Hey Lauren, I'm new to the forum too, but I'll welcome you also. I don't believe that you can lower that bike 6 inches but, if you slide the forks up in the triple tree clamps as far as feasable, adjust the rear shocks to their lowest or softest setting and take the seat off and send it to the people that made it [Corbin] and tell them you need to sit as low in that seat as possible and still be comfy, then wear boots with a pretty good heel you will likely feel pretty secure. Especially if you get some experiance riding something a little smaller. You don't really need to be able to flat foot on both sides just develop the habit of leaning the bike to your strong leg side as you come to a stop. I have a 27 inch inseam and I was a motorcop for years! Have fun and keep the dirty side down and the shiny side up. David aka Kodiak PS: Metzler 33 lazer 100/90/19 front tire and Metzler Metronic 55 -something in size 130/80/18 rear are both low profile tires that will work very well on your bike, are sticky and will lower the bike - and they fit!

Post edited by: Kodiak, at: 2006/01/14 20:45

Hey! 15 Jan 2006 06:52 #17976

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
You can loose about 2 inches of stock seat fom and still be comfortable. I dont realize how much lower I sit on my bike after I did the seat until I got onto a stock seat again one day.

• Page: