Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Z-Resto Question 02 Mar 2024 14:33 #895848

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1022
I've been tricked by FB Marketplace adds a couple of times.  I do an immediate emergency shutdown and restart.  

It's getting so that I don't use FB much anymore except to communicate with various relatives around the world.

Oh...Bob has done 7 gauges for me and all were well done.  
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Z-Resto Question 02 Mar 2024 15:22 #895850

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621

I've been tricked by FB Marketplace adds a couple of times.  I do an immediate emergency shutdown and restart.  

It's getting so that I don't use FB much anymore except to communicate with various relatives around the world.

Oh...Bob has done 7 gauges for me and all were well done.  

Same here. If it wasn't for the KZMarket and a few friends I wouldn't even be there. 
Steve

The following user(s) said Thank You: asphalt900

Z-Resto Question 03 Mar 2024 04:52 #895871

• asphalt900
  • User
  • Thank you received: 167
Thanks Steve, now i got it. I've never joined the ranks of any "social media" group, except his one and a couple Kawasaki specific ones in the UK. Seems like a lot of the action for selling has moved to that marketplace though since ebay has slim pickings nowadays. 

Z-Resto Question 03 Mar 2024 07:31 #895877

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
FB has been trying to horn in on sales like eBay did and it will follow their fate. I encourage members to use some form of payment like PayPal sales not friends and family so there is recourse if the transaction goes south. I don't advise using FB or the big G. PP has it's issues too but they have helped get my money back then I banned the guy and any profiles he may come up with. Not a perfect system but best for now. Like to be a fly on the wall when he got that email. 
Steve

Last edit: by SWest.

Z-Resto Question 04 Mar 2024 04:46 #895927

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1022
I see the odd part for sale on FB but mostly just bikes.  For me, FB is just for local stuff due to the number of scammers.  Ebay is for hard to find stuff from places I can't drive to.  I had a problem years ago with Mach IV on Ebay...advertised a NOS top for a Z1 brake MC but sent me a cheap replica.  It took some time but I got my money back.  Then he banned me from buying form him!  Not that I would ever buy from him anyway.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

• Page: