Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 29 Oct 2014 20:55 #652175

• 79MKII
  • User
  • Love Them Kaws!
  • Thank you received: 43
The diagrams for the older kaws aren't working on Partzilla now either...you don't suppose they're tied in with Kawasaki.com somehow?

I sent my feedback to Kaw and never got a reply. I was hoping for a .pdf file...bummer! :(
The Kaw List:
Current: 79 KZ1000 A3 MKII, 78 KZ1000 A2, 78 KZ1000 Z1-R, 78 KZ650 SR, 80 KE175
Former: 03 KLX400SR, 99 ZRX1000, 82 KZ750 LTD, 80 KZ1000 A4 MKII, 80 KZ1000 LTD, 78 KZ1000 A2, 74 H-2 750 Triple, 78 KL250

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 30 Oct 2014 07:47 #652211

• DOHC
  • Sustaining Member
  • Those Doe-Hawks really go!
  • Thank you received: 503
That's crazy! I just ordered parts for my '78 with the Partzilla diagrams a few days ago.

It does look like the models remaining on Partzilla exactly match the data currently on Kawasaki.com. 1984 is the oldest year with only the KDX80, and then the LTD454 and KX60 are added for '85.

Could it be the case that Kawasaki has implemented a 30 year cutoff on model support? Anything older than 30 years officially no longer exists?

The previous Kawasaki.com diagrams were hosted at www.kawasakiepc.com , which I always assumed was actually intended for dealer use. Does anyone have current access to the dealer parts catalog? Is the older model data still available to dealers?
'78 Z1-R in blue , '78 Z1-R in black, '78 Z1-R in pieces
My dad's '74 Z1
'00 ZRX1100

Re:KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 30 Oct 2014 09:07 #652221

• 650ed
  • 650ed's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
So does anyone know if kawasakiepc (Net-Compass) still provides access to older parts information?

www.kawasakiepc.com/Help/Help-NCUser_0.pdf
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Re:KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 30 Oct 2014 14:04 #652250

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181
Indirectly, all the online web sites with Kawasaki parts diagrams get the diagrams from Kawasaki. There are a couple of different software companies providing this to the dealers.

Kawasaki USA appears to be in the middle of a concerted attack on all the older bikes and their parts. We have seen 50+ parts go discontinued in just the last few weeks. Strangely this appears to be JUST a Kawasaki USA initiative. We've been able to get most of these parts from Kawasaki Japan through one of our contacts.

I don't understand the strategy - bikes like the Z1 are a big part of the Kawasaki heritage - and by turning their back on older models, Kawasaki USA is alienating many owners. When the W650 stopped being sold in the USA, it wasn't many years before some of the parts for those bikes started drying up in the USA. We've bought a number of W650 parts in from Japan for those owners. Kawasaki is now the worst of the OEM's for stocking parts for older bikes. That really makes you want to buy a new one huh! Knowing in 10 years Kawasaki will wash their hands of the model....
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mcdroid, 650ed, bluej58

Re:KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 31 Oct 2014 16:01 #652432

• Z650Spirit
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Why don't they load the complete old parts diagram system and link it to the new system???

I bet it wouldn't take much programming effort to do that ;)

Sounds that they just do not want to solve this issue, and they do not want to admit it either.

I think we should start sending emails to Kawasaki JAPAN and hear what they have to say. After all, Kawasak headquarters are there.
Pablo.

Last edit: by Z650Spirit. Reason: spelling

Re:KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 01 Nov 2014 09:00 #652495

• Tyrell Corp
  • User
  • "You were made as well as we could make you"
  • Thank you received: 260
If kawasaki are distancing themselves from the 70's and 80's stuff, it makes me wonder if
the parts suppliers could take over. I guess most part numbers are subcontracted from suppliers who may still have the tooling for in-demand parts.

Kawasaki have always seemed very relaxed about any trademark or copyright issues, judging by the amount of reproduction badges and decals available. I've noticed some really nice reproduction seat locks, instruments and handlebar switchgear on the market recently and I wonder could some of it be direct from the OEM?

I guess it is all economics: store a few hundred of each part which take ten years to sell, then work out the cost of setting up for a short production run, then warehousing the bits for years. That's assuming the original tooling still exists, and imagine storing all that tooling for tens of thousands of part numbers for decades. Also Japan's current deflation in their economy does not encourage investment in long term parts hoarding.

Kawasaki, please put the info back up or give it to us to host ourselves. Thanks for the 25 year parts availability, and building such great machines. We are the best advert for your brand, please help us out here :kiss:
1980 Gpz550 D1, 1981 GPz550 D1. 1982 GPz750R1. 1983 z1000R R2. all four aces

Last edit: by Tyrell Corp.

Re:KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 01 Nov 2014 09:09 #652499

• DOHC
  • Sustaining Member

Jeff.Saunders wrote: We have seen 50+ parts go discontinued in just the last few weeks.

Hey Jeff, can you give a few examples of the higher volume parts that have been recently discontinued. I'm just curious what kinds of parts you're seeing disappear.

Jeff.Saunders wrote: We've been able to get most of these parts from Kawasaki Japan through one of our contacts.

You guys are awesome. I understand that it's also good for your business, but thank you for working so hard to support our community.
My dad's '74 Z1
'00 ZRX1100

Last edit: by DOHC.

Re:KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 03 Nov 2014 04:06 #652718

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181

dohc wrote:

Jeff.Saunders wrote: We have seen 50+ parts go discontinued in just the last few weeks.

Hey Jeff, can you give a few examples of the higher volume parts that have been recently discontinued. I'm just curious what kinds of parts you're seeing disappear.

Jeff.Saunders wrote: We've been able to get most of these parts from Kawasaki Japan through one of our contacts.

You guys are awesome. I understand that it's also good for your business, but thank you for working so hard to support our community.

Here's some of the more populate parts discontinued over the past week. This is just a short sample of all those discontinued over the past couple of months. Some of these parts we've sold 1,000's of them over the past few years.

92075-232 - idler sprocket shaft dampers. Z1's and others
92075-289 - top idler dampers - KZ1000
44010-021 - fork dust covers - Z1
44010-032 - fork dust covers - KZ's
51059-008 - fuel cap gasket - Z1 and others
52015-004 - oil level window
11015-057 - KZ650/550 air box hoses
16046-002 - fuel T's on VM28/VM26 carbs

In terms of it being good for business - it's not really. Shipments from Japan tie up funds for an extended period, so cash flow is badly impacted.

We are trying to source as many of these parts as possible - for some of them, we know we can get them directly from the manufacturer - but for many we cannot afford to.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mcdroid

Re:KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 03 Nov 2014 09:31 #652757

• 650ed
  • 650ed's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Jeff wrote: "In terms of it being good for business - it's not really."

I understand from a cashflow perspective this would be true, but from a reputation perspective I suspect providing parts available only from Japan it is very good for business. If no other parts dealer is willing to provide this level of service Z1E becomes the dealer of choice, and this then spills over to parts that are available locally. Also, it automatically puts some marks in the win column as far as reputation goes which in turn, especially because of internet word-of -mouth, will boost new business across the board. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Last edit: by 650ed.

Re:KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 03 Nov 2014 13:11 #652782

• Z650Spirit
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
+1 What Ed said.

The worldwide KZ spare parts market will be ruled by 2, may be 3 spare parts suppliers.
Z1E is probably destined to be the most important of them, for their great service and parts availability.
Pablo.

Last edit: by Z650Spirit.

KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 04 Nov 2014 05:02 #652832

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
  • Thank you received: 80
I also noticed the dealers not having this information on their site as well. Dillon Brothers/Powersports Pro is where I get my factory parts, and their online catalog reflects this lack of information as well. This change is worse than when they discontinued the Factory Service Manuals for my bike. I hope with all of the emails, it comes back soon. Until then, I am also helping row this boat by sending an e-mail about my concerns.

Thank you all for posting replies to this.
'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp

Last edit: by CoreyClough.

Re:KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 04 Nov 2014 10:21 #652850

• DOHC
  • Sustaining Member

79MKII wrote: The diagrams for the older kaws aren't working on Partzilla now either...

Well, for the moment the older model data has been restored on the Partzilla.com site. I can browse models all the way back to 1966. But as always they list many parts as "active" that are definitely no longer available.

It would be really nice to know why this is happening, and if this data will continue to be available.
My dad's '74 Z1
'00 ZRX1100