Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 10 Mar 2015 16:04 #664003

• 650ed
  • 650ed's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829

Zephyrrider wrote: Have tried this 32 bit software several times on different 64 bit platforms and even though they say 32 should work on 64 this one just does not, so something to keep in mind ,if you havnt got an older computer probably not worth doing, Mick :)

I have an ancient 32 bit CAD package that would not work on my 64 bit computer, but I downloaded DOSBox 0.74 and was able (with some fiddling) to get it to work. It ain't pretty, and I wouldn't recommend it for something that's used everyday, but for occasional use it works ok. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zephyrrider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 10 Mar 2015 16:22 #664006

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
ok problem solved if there is no other way - never looked into it because all my stuff is 32
I run my computers until they die and sometimes they last an awful long time - have lots of spares for them as well , Mick.
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 10 Mar 2015 19:37 #664031

• !Seymore
  • User
  • Ride on...
  • Thank you received: 63
No worries here Zeph... Still have a `98 machine... somewhere. DOS disks in perm storage... somewhere. PM being composed...
C.
79' KZ650-D2 [fsm] (Max)
83' KZ750-F1 LTD [clymers] (Kay)
82' KZ1100-D1 Specter (another project)
78' KZ650-B2a (J&H, A Project)
91' KZ1000-P (P = parts)

KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 10 Mar 2015 22:34 #664052

• Jonny
  • User
  • woot!
  • Thank you received: 22
Well,

A big thank you to MaKaw. I was also in a bit of a bind, and a little less than thrilled with using Partzilla etc.... for tracking down the information I needed when looking for parts. It's not ideal that the cross-referencing isn't available any more, but at least it means I will be spending a lot less time at 'other than Kawasaki' websites.

I agree that perhaps a thank you email campaign asking for the full functionality return would be good, and might just help it to happen. Who knows. We are all at least that much better off than a month ago. I also agree that the quality improvement in the diagrams is a welcome change.

Cheers,
Jon
'78 KZ 650C2 'Lila'
'71 Norton Commando 750 'Eadie'

St. Catharines, ON (Mostly, anyway...)

KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 11 Mar 2015 03:30 #664060

• Zephyrrider
  • User
Hey fellas - been thinking about it and i reckon Fuck it i will just make an ISO image for everyone to DL if you would like it - i have enjoyed being on this site and now it is time to show you how much i have appreciated it - Ok,
Should be available to DL in 24 hours - about 550 mb, Mick.
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.
The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx, bluezbike

Last edit: by Zephyrrider.

KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 11 Mar 2015 04:11 #664061

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511

Zephyrrider wrote: Hey fellas - been thinking about it and i reckon Fuck it i will just make an ISO image for everyone to DL if the want it - i have enjoyed being on this site and now it is time to show you how much i have appreciated it - Ok,

I don't know what the hell that all means but it sounds good to me :laugh:
JD
78 KZ1000 A2A

KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 11 Mar 2015 06:35 #664071

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Many many thanks! B)

KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 11 Mar 2015 07:46 #664076

• Z650Spirit
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4

Zephyrrider wrote: Hey fellas - been thinking about it and i reckon Fuck it i will just make an ISO image for everyone to DL if the want it - i have enjoyed being on this site and now it is time to show you how much i have appreciated it - Ok,

Great! That's the easiest and best way to share it .
Pablo.

KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 12 Mar 2015 03:38 #664154

• Zephyrrider
  • User
Been playing with computers for a long time but this is first ISO image i have ever done - never needed to before.
Read today that the image made needs to be burnt with same program ? So am hoping just about everybody with a computer has Nero - i used version 8.Made image - burnt disc - spot on.
Does not seem to be anywhere i can UL a file like this except as an attachment ? - my connection is not fast so used Winrar 5.2 and got it down to 445 meg from 555 meg - Also did a 7Zip and got it down to 406 meg so looks like the one to use for this. Any comments before i UL it :)
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 12 Mar 2015 04:15 #664156

• Z650Spirit
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4

Zephyrrider wrote: Been playing with computers for a long time but this is first ISO image i have ever done - never needed to before.
Read today that the image made needs to be burnt with same program ? So am hoping just about everybody with a computer has Nero - i used version 8.Made image - burnt disc - spot on.
Does not seem to be anywhere i can UL a file like this except as an attachment ? - my connection is not fast so used Winrar 5.2 and got it down to 445 meg from 555 meg - Also did a 7Zip and got it down to 406 meg so looks like the one to use for this. Any comments before i UL it :)

You can create an account at Mega, and upload the file there; then you can share just the download link. My experience with Mega is that it's really fast and reliable, and the uploads do not seem to expire there.
mega.co.nz/
Also, having the ISO file, you don't necessarily need to burn it into a CD to access the content. Through PowerISO you can set a virtual drive and mount the image there, providing full access.
www.poweriso.com/
Hope this helps :)
Pablo.

KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 12 Mar 2015 05:08 #664159

• Zephyrrider
  • User
Thanks - Will try here first and if it looks like upload will take too long will check out Mega. Am expecting it will be an hour or 2 possibly.
Figured some of the members would have old computers in the work shed so cd would be perfect .
Will try in morning :)
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Last edit: by Zephyrrider.

KAWASAKI.COM PARTS DIAGRAMS - GONE??? 12 Mar 2015 06:35 #664169

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2081
Thanks for all your effort, Zephyrrider. You wrote that you hope everybody has Nero. Please pardon my ignorance, but what is it? Will we all need it to read the file?
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough