Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1980 kz550 scrambler build 03 May 2016 17:28 #724381

• Thorrn
  • Thorrn's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I apologize i am new to the site and I get welcomed by this .......
Thorrn P. Shawman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1980 kz550 scrambler build 03 May 2016 19:28 #724406

• Shabba
  • User
  • Thank you received: 47

Thorrn wrote: I apologize i am new to the site and I get welcomed by this .......

You apologize? You insult a long term member, speculate as to a sexual condition AND make light of disability? Taunt removed
Take that stuff to other forums.
-Colin

-82 GPZ750
-15 Yamaha FZ-09
-00 Suzuki TL1000S
-13 Nissan Nismo Juke

Last edit: by KZQ.

1980 kz550 scrambler build 03 May 2016 21:18 #724442

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2629
Everyone gets chided once in a while. I just take it with a grunt then move on. :whistle:
Steve

1980 kz550 scrambler build 03 May 2016 23:21 #724448

• Thorrn
  • Thorrn's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
This is a riot up in here ha I love it! so really find it funny the clowns in here we Im gonna tell you now that when I post by bike picks all you crotchety marshmallows will be congratulating or hatting me cuz its gonna be nasty!!!! truly if this is such a fine community then WHY would you treat newcomers like this ????? is this not a passion in your life?? so if a FINE YOUG GENTELMiN like my self comes into your neighborhood and politely asks directions you would take your bear bottle get off facebook take your thumb out stand up scratch your crotch spit your chew in in my direction bust the empty bottle at my feet and say "SCRAM, 45134862534786 WE DON'T LIKE YOUR KIND ROUD HEAR NOW GET!!!!.......... (the dots are to indicate thinking pausing in thought if you didn't know) HAHAHA :laugh: any way next genius to be rude to me or start in with me when I actually hear to learn and enjoy the company of like minded enthusiast who can have an intelligent dialog (means talk, conversation) then I WILL MAKE IT MY DUTY TO LAYINTO YOU AND NOT HOLD BACK OUT OF RESPECT FOR OTHERS KISSES SMOOCH WINKY FACE...... OXOXOXOXOXOXOOXO THORRN
Thorrn P. Shawman

1980 kz550 scrambler build 04 May 2016 07:10 #724473

• Shabba
  • User
  • Thank you received: 47

Thorrn wrote: Personal insult removed :(

KZQ

Good. So was mine so we are back to level.

Are you going to post a picture? I'm genuinely curious as to what you envision.
-Colin

-82 GPZ750
-15 Yamaha FZ-09
-00 Suzuki TL1000S
-13 Nissan Nismo Juke
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ

1980 kz550 scrambler build 04 May 2016 07:17 #724477

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
  • Thank you received: 1278

Thorrn wrote: This is a riot up in here ha I love it! so really find it funny the clowns in here we Im gonna tell you now that when I post by bike picks all you crotchety marshmallows will be congratulating or hatting me cuz its gonna be nasty!!!! truly if this is such a fine community then WHY would you treat newcomers like this ?????

In one of your posts you asked "thoughts suggestions and Ideas appreciated need feedback". I'm thinkin that you got what you asked for. KZQ

Thorrn wrote: ...is this not a passion in your life?? so if a FINE YOUG GENTELMiN like my self comes into your neighborhood and politely asks directions you would take your bear bottle get off facebook take your thumb out stand up scratch your crotch spit your chew in in my direction bust the empty bottle at my feet and say "SCRAM, 45134862534786 WE DON'T LIKE YOUR KIND ROUD HEAR NOW GET!!!!.......... (the dots are to indicate thinking pausing in thought if you didn't know) HAHAHA :laugh: any way next genius to be rude to me or start in with me when I actually hear to learn and enjoy the company of like minded enthusiast who can have an intelligent dialog (means talk, conversation) then I WILL MAKE IT MY DUTY TO LAYINTO YOU AND NOT HOLD BACK OUT OF RESPECT FOR OTHERS KISSES SMOOCH WINKY FACE...... OXOXOXOXOXOXOOXO THORRN

I'm sincerely hopin that you don't follow through on that threat. Please read the forum rules here: www.kzrider.com/forum/rules and agree to abide by them. We won't speak to you about this again.
KZQ
www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

1980 kz550 scrambler build 04 May 2016 07:20 #724478

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
I wondered what those dots were. I was using them as periods, at the ends of sentences.

1980 kz550 scrambler build 04 May 2016 07:28 #724479

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2629
Rather than responding to it, I reported it and it was handled correctly. B)
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thorrn

1980 kz550 scrambler build 04 May 2016 08:27 #724492

• wrenchmonkey
  • User
  • Thank you received: 75

Thorrn wrote: I would love some technical veteran builder guidance I want to replace my swing arm with a mono shock I want to know how to accomplish this street scrambler build My vision is a post-apocalyptic RAT street/scrambler something that is build for performance in all conditions or built for versatility of terrain and changes in a post apocalyptic urban/any where environment thoughts suggestions and Ideas appreciated need feedback this is my first build I have the vision and the drive just need so tech advice thanks

Greetings!

I think I understand what you are envisioning for your build.
There were some wild looking, multi-terrain, enduro-on-steroids kind of scramblers (Ha! I didn't know there was a name for this styling :P ) at the recent [ Hand Built Show in Austin, Texas ] .
I saw some creations there, that used bigger horse power bikes typically associated with speed but with gnarly, knobby, wheels, high suspensions and for the most part they followed the so-called "rat look", although my first thought upon seeing them was "steampunk inspired". Honestly, I thought the concept was very cool, even though I have no idea how or what was done to the likes of 500cc up to 1000cc motorcycles. BMW, Ducati, Indian etc. All kinds of manufacturer's motorcycles were used.
Most dramatically (personal opinion), the big/wide, wheel and tire sizes were close to the same front to back and of the off road/traction format. The suspensions high usually but not always - some leaned more toward a tracker look with street tires and lower suspensions. Gone were expensive, shiny paint schemes, even while you could see tons of hours were poured into the finished look. One bike looked like it grew out of a mid 80's Suzi Katana - hand welded, multi faceted fuel tank was all raw metal and rusty (post apocolyptic looking as you had mentioned) with slippery looking, 2-stroke stinger exhaust on old bias ply tires.

Anyway, I'm sure there are a few guys here that can help you out with this pursuit. There are a few guys that have done the extended trailing arm/mono shock conversions and the front end changes to later, wider tired, forks. Luckily, there are a few really good machinists here too that can (not sure on cost or how much beer may be involved in getting on their "to do" lists ? :laugh: ) do some great fabrication work that is needed when swapping out the front and rear suspensions as you wish.
The best news of this, IMHO, is a search here on the forum can make it easy with a [ Show and Tell. Swing Arm & Fork Swap ]

Good luck. Wish I had the vision for radical departures from stock. Maybe it's being old. I'm happy just to get it back to looking like it was manufactured recently and just rolled outta the dealership floor before the last rain! :laugh:

1980 kz550 scrambler build 04 May 2016 09:13 #724500

• davido
  • User
  • Thank you received: 286
and another link that might be interesting
kzrider.com/index.php/forum?view=topic&c...94364#s5_scrolltotop
Not quite a scrambler but has something of the essence,I think, and it has that whole monoshock thing going on. One of my favourite builds ever on this site and Im still waiting for him to come back with his next project.
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/594313-csr1000-project-build
CB550 (1978)
CB500/4 (1972)*
KZ1000CSR (1981)
XT 600E (1999)
TDM900 (2003)

• Page: