Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ problem developing! DAMNIT! 01 Aug 2016 17:39 #737002

• Kray-Z
  • User
  • I need more power Scotty....
  • Thank you received: 107

Kray-Z wrote: Off topic slightly, but if your stock GPz750 engine is good, I suggest picking up another 750 engine locally as the start to build your new high performance version, and keep you old motor safely stored the way it is. Used 750 engines are relatively inexpensive, and you can keep riding until the new one is ready to swap in...

I was planning on using a different KZ750R1 crank case that I know of with a 6 speed gear set and a ZR7 top end with GPz750 or equivalent, or better, cams. I might have to take a few things off the existing engine but it would be left pretty much intact. Not that it runs perfectly, it was still down a bit on compression on a couple of cylinders last time I checked.[/quote]

I think cam choices for the 750 are limited to stock Kawasaki items and aftermarket hard weld / regrinds these days....if you are going all out with aftermarket parts and want big improvements in performance, maybe talk with Larry Cavanaugh about putting together a cylinder head for your intentions....
2-04 R1, 81 CSR1000, 81 LTD1000, 2-83 GPz1100, 3-79CBX, 81 CBX, 3-XS650, 84 Venture, +parts
Quote "speed costs money...how fast do you want to go?" (Which Z movie?)
Universal formula for how many motorcycles one should own = n + 1, where n is how many motorcycles you own right now....
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPzMOD750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ problem developing! DAMNIT! 02 Aug 2016 07:52 #737067

• GPzMOD750
  • GPzMOD750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148

Kray-Z wrote: I think cam choices for the 750 are limited to stock Kawasaki items and aftermarket hard weld / regrinds these days....if you are going all out with aftermarket parts and want big improvements in performance, maybe talk with Larry Cavanaugh about putting together a cylinder head for your intentions....

Thanks for the info. i'm not looking to really enhance performance just at least maintain performance while making it a more sensible DD the GPz cam is hotter than the ZR7 so that's where that came from. I'm sure I could just have the ZR7 welded and ground. The standard ZR7 top end with the 6 speed trans might be enough.

I'm going to let the listing for the the whole bike ride for a few more days then Ill do some aggressive parting out listings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.