Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 09 Mar 2010 16:05 #352276

• trianglelaguna
  • trianglelaguna's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
the problem with the shocks is that the bottom is fatter than a kz's shock bottom and i think they came off another make honda? our chains hit the shocks when rotating and that is where i'm at now....let me post a seperate pic ,when i post pics of my bike and see if folks know what they were on before somone painted them....but yes they are still around and if i get around to working on the bike i will just give em to someone who we've determined they will work for....i want nothing for em but want them to go to a usable idea for sure..i paid 40 and shipping three years back and was told they came off a kz1000 show bike...i just wanted to try em but they ground on the chain..i will get back to you...if they will work and i am clear of em your first dibbs.....
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 09 Mar 2010 17:22 #352290

• twiztidframe
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have alot of extra j model parts im willing to get rid of. Im looking for a starter clutch and rotor and a gasket set for a 1975 900 do you have any of that?

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 10 Mar 2010 08:41 #352427

• cccampbe
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
They wouldn't hit my chain because I have a shaft drive. But they might hit something else, i dont know. I just need something to put back on the bike instead of my original(and quite worn out) air shocks. But I just need them temporarily until I can figure out exactly what I want to do to the back end of my bike. Just let me know

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 10 Mar 2010 14:23 #352506

• trianglelaguna
  • trianglelaguna's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
not really...great idea though...all i have is an incomplete and aged gskt mix and match....sorry...thanks for offering it is the way we should transfer unused stuff on this site...imo...

i was trying to get a barter thread going but it never went anywhere.....i even listed the stuff i was not using and the stuff i needed....

as far as the shocks go i dont think i will be moving the bikes around this month as i have commitments for my off time and work nights ect.......but soon..april early is my trigger date for three projects....and they will be yours...they are kinda cool just really yellow and red...but i figured they musta been a decent set for the person who took the time to get undone coated and re-assembled...they say showa and their are some numbers i'll post pics and #'s and specs before i mail em to you and we'll both know what they are......and i already thought to myself before that they would be perfect on shaftty....which makes me much more inclined to give em to you when i take em off....no problem....yours!!!p.m me an address

twiztidframe wrote:

I have alot of extra j model parts im willing to get rid of. Im looking for a starter clutch and rotor and a gasket set for a 1975 900 do you have any of that?

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife