Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 15 Jun 2009 11:37 #299386

• trianglelaguna
  • trianglelaguna's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
hey guys...i get too many threads going and the topics overlap...so i am gonna try and use this too follow to completion my 1000 j project...

i still need the following items and am going like a banshee bidding on stuff...first i wanna list the extra 1981 kawasaki 1000/gpz11oo compatable items left over after sorting...if folks "NEED" any of this stuff i would be happy to help out...i would also trade any of my extras collum...for my still needed stuff....here goes....

"EXTRA ITEMS" for 1981-82 kawasaki 1000(gpz1100 fits a bit too)....;

A}..shorty chrome fender...ltd 1000..csr 1000

B]..perfect condition kz1000st fender..chrome..no dings or blemish...perfect..

C]..34 mm cv carbs nice condition...

D}...kz900 carbs stock...need cleaning ...but sprayed in wd-40 and stored for 10 yrs...nice shape...

E]...buck horn ltd 1000 stock bars...should shine up nice

F]...stock kz900 bars need refinish or just run with faded look

G}...ltd 900 rear 16 mag swingarm and the works..axle,caliper,stay rod..ect...all complete...matching 19 mag "just the mag" stripped down..both in low miles shape....

I NEED THESE ITEMS STILL TO COMPLETE AND TRY AND START MY 1000J::

a}stator coil and bolts for j model 1000

b]starter motor and bolts j model 1000

c]starter cover and two bolts and gskt..."starter not stator"

d]complete harness with no extras...just the snake...

e] 630x 96 link chain..any type used is cool too for now....

i am bidding away but wanted to put out to the community what i've extra of and what i need and keep it in the family...i will also pay fair prices and shipping...and really appreciate you guys looking at my post.....

i will use this post to follow the bikes progress and not parts shop from here on....please p.m if need any of that stuff or have any of my needs list...peace bros...
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 15 Jun 2009 19:03 #299482

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
put that one onthe back burner till i get there next weekend,that way we have something to do while patton and omr are at the submarine nationals! :laugh:
Still recovering,some days are better than others.

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 15 Jun 2009 19:09 #299485

• trianglelaguna
  • User
up to knees in projects/work...so it will probably sit till after the whole gp things done....gonna camp down at a big sur campground for a few days right after the sunday 5th race and calm down....then slowly start on the j again...
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 15 Jun 2009 19:48 #299492

• Old Man Rock
  • User
  • Thank you received: 225

while patton and omr are at the submarine nationals

Beats you two at Cork-Screw mountain..... :laugh:
1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 16 Jun 2009 14:07 #299682

• kano
  • User
  • Not Another Bloody Limey!
  • Thank you received: 11
had a look at the weekend and beleave it or not i didn't have one thing on your shopping list sorry bro.
let me know if anything else comes up ok i have to make some room in my garage lol.

PLUMMEN wrote:

submarine nationals! :laugh:

i dont see the attraction?

still you know what they say about submarine's?

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 16 Jun 2009 15:37 #299693

• trianglelaguna
  • User
i'll post a picture...but i bought a kz1000 j standard gpz/elr/j1000 type squared painted fender...i wanted one and saw an e-bay in glossy black to match my bike...it comes and is tits beautiful......so i wanna support the front while i'm outta town so no one tips it off the blocks-centerstand...i mount my polished forks and front rim and the glossy black j fender does match the tires rake -angle-slope..whatever...i flip flopped it front back ... still no go.....checked the frame to see if it was a ltdj1000 and a rke difference...nope...it IS a j1standard81 thankfuly....forks do NOT have the leading axle....go figure had to go check a job ...later...pics this week......arghhhhh

below may show any clues...the j1000 had painted legs on the forks??? the fender that was on it can be seen in this older pic...any clues....thanks craig
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Last edit: by trianglelaguna.

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 17 Jun 2009 19:35 #300044

• roy-b-boy-b
  • User
I'll bump this thread up so i can keep track of it.
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 17 Jun 2009 19:49 #300055

• trianglelaguna
  • User
pictured is what i believe is the correct stator coil for 1981 1000j motor...thanks for checking roy...your the best....craig
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 18 Jun 2009 02:47 #300156

• PLUMMEN
  • User
1 week and a wake up! B)
Still recovering,some days are better than others.

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 18 Jun 2009 04:10 #300157

• roy-b-boy-b
  • User
As we would say just before getting discharged from the service,"You are a one digit midget".

I hope there are no people on this site shorter than Melvis! :unsure:
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 18 Jun 2009 05:08 #300159

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
trianglelaguna wrote:

i'll post a picture...but i bought a kz1000 j standard gpz/elr/j1000 type squared painted fender...i wanted one and saw an e-bay in glossy black to match my bike...it comes and is tits beautiful......so i wanna support the front while i'm outta town so no one tips it off the blocks-centerstand...i mount my polished forks and front rim and the glossy black j fender does match the tires rake -angle-slope..whatever...i flip flopped it front back ... still no go.....checked the frame to see if it was a ltdj1000 and a rke difference...nope...it IS a j1standard81 thankfuly....forks do NOT have the leading axle....go figure had to go check a job ...later...pics this week......arghhhhh
below may show any clues...the j1000 had painted legs on the forks??? the fender that was on it can be seen in this older pic...any clues....thanks craig

Am not quite comprehending the front fender fitment issue. :(
Would it make a difference to install the fender before installing the wheel? :unsure:

Do the fender mounting holes align with the fork holes?
Is the new fender too wide to fit between the forks?
Is the pictured frame and front end (with the chrome LTD fender) from a J model?
Does the pictured chrome LTD front fender fit where the new fender doesn't fit?
Besides the squared vs oval shape, what is the difference between the new fender and chrome fender mounting area when held side by side?

Am probably misinterpreting something in the narrative, but forthcoming pics of new fender with existing forks should help.

Good Luck! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

tri's kz1000j project thread.....&updates 18 Jun 2009 06:15 #300179

• trianglelaguna
  • User
yes the chrome short fender matches the wheels lines when the wheels on...yes the squared black fender fits the fork holes ..both frontwards and backwards and i installed both directions before re-trying wheel....i checked my frame # and its a j not k or m the forks for a k or m went to a 29 dgre rake and the j lists 27/5 rake...so the pitch of the holes may have changed on fork lowers but both fenders now mount to the same holes and bolts spin in smooth and fenders spaceing is normal between legs...all models list 19 fronts--same as mine and my rim looks like a perfect j 19...i need to send pics....the fender is sloped to far dowwn in front/and cocked higher and away from tire in back-header area either way so a guy wants to tugg on it up front to get wheel looking even under.....i am gonna mess with it again...sooo much work now...but i will post pics next attempt thanks pattonPatton wrote:

trianglelaguna wrote:

Am not quite comprehending the front fender fitment issue. :(
Would it make a difference to install the fender before installing the wheel? :unsure:

Do the fender mounting holes align with the fork holes?
Is the new fender too wide to fit between the forks?
Is the pictured frame and front end (with the chrome LTD fender) from a J model?
Does the pictured chrome LTD front fender fit where the new fender doesn't fit?
Besides the squared vs oval shape, what is the difference between the new fender and chrome fender mounting area when held side by side?

Am probably misinterpreting something in the narrative, but forthcoming pics of new fender with existing forks should help.

Good Luck! :)

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife