Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

76 KZ900 upgrade 19 Jun 2010 10:57 #376799

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
mark i'm really happy for you that you took it to the track,it is motivating for me to know.... if i keep my dream going i will eventualy afford my sasqutch sized leathers,2000 is a big bite for me right now...gonna have to buckle down and save a grand around tax return time ...lol

hey do they make you guys run a belly catch pan for track days...saftey wire,tape off stuff,-did they check your leathers and helmet ect..for a born on date...or inspect the drain plug type stuff

anyways congrats man..super duper cool....

thanks for the story...best thing this week imo...

right up there with our budy kzr getting that MKII score...peace craig
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

76 KZ900 upgrade 19 Jun 2010 11:23 #376805

• mark1122
  • mark1122's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
  • Thank you received: 109
Adam
i just pm'ed with Ben. i didnt realize that the plate had to be run on the outside of the frame. i was trying to fit it on the inside and could not get it in.So there is no problem , other than i just dont know what im doing .:laugh:
Ben, sorry for being a dufuss :side:
i need to take a closer look at it later, and see if i can mod it to go inside. do u see any reason not to run it on the inside??
how do u plan to run yours? i'm not sure yet, how u set the bearing suport depth to each particular offset need? i'm thinking u would just make the suport legs the right length, but then i would need to clear the frame rail, for mine. so i will likely just cut off the end and redrill the frame support boss hole.
It would not be wrong to run it outside of course. i would just prefer it blend into the motor, rather than stick out from it.
Tri.
i will look up the Ebay addy that i got my suit from. custom fitted, any design/ color, you can muster up, with lettering that says hi my name is tri, do u dig me baby :woohoo: on it.
$500 to your door, from Pakistan.
They even through in a free pair of gloves.B)
76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

76 KZ900 upgrade 19 Jun 2010 12:40 #376821

• porchev914
  • User
  • Whats that? Half of my swingarm is missing?!?!?
  • Thank you received: 19
I was going to run mine flush with the frame, but at the same time, I think the offset sprocket and bearing will determine the final location of the plate. Additionaly, my frame is wider AND the swingarm pivot is closer to the engine. So, wherever my support plate ends up, I don't think it'll be the same place as yours :ohmy:
FRANKEN Z!
1978 KZ1000 A2A with 08'Speed Triple SSSA and '06 GSXR1000 front end

76 KZ900 upgrade 19 Jun 2010 18:42 #376885

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
Adam, since your frame is wider, wouldn't u want the plate inside the frame? are u using a 5/8" offset?
I dont think u are ever finished with mods on these. its a work in progress. they just slow down, at times.lol
I really want to do an Acewell inside my stock cups. B)
And have a Wog seat on my wish list. have u ever seen 1 of those? i have a zrx seat now, but would like it modded with a red strip and flat on the back .This is a Paul Wog seat. its $220 for the mod. he recuts and recovers a zrx seat to look like this. they are supposed to make the normally uncumfy zrx seat very comfy.

Happy fathers day guys.
i just got a back up camera for my new truck as a gift. oh boy , new toys. Yeah!.
76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)
Attachments:

Last edit: by mark1122.

76 KZ900 upgrade 19 Jun 2010 18:43 #376886

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
or maybe a modified gunfighter seat.:laugh:
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

76 KZ900 upgrade 19 Jun 2010 19:33 #376909

• porchev914
  • User
I have never heard of a Wog seat... you got a pic Mark? As far as my sprocket offset, I need just shy of 1", but I don't know how far out the bearing nose will stick out. I put in a vote for the ma duece back seat :laugh:
FRANKEN Z!

76 KZ900 upgrade 19 Jun 2010 22:13 #376936

• irishwill
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6

you can see in this pic where the plate sits in relation to the frame....
the bearing (inside the sprocket) sits aginst the "nose" that is bolted to the plate.....the plate is bolted to the engine using spacers....which you make from aluminum or stainless tubing with a 1/4" ID.
when you have it all bolted up...bolt the weld on boss' to the plate and "tack" them in place....then remove the plate...and weld them in permanent....
the only other thing you need is a rod end for the clutch cable.
i dont know the length of the push rod ....and the bike is no longer here....it will be a pia to figure out....but not hard to to ...
Attachments:

76 KZ900 upgrade 19 Jun 2010 22:14 #376937

• irishwill
  • User

another on to help you out...you can see the spacers in this pic
Attachments:

76 KZ900 upgrade 19 Jun 2010 22:23 #376939

• irishwill
  • User
mark1122 wrote:

Adam
i just pm'ed with Ben. i didnt realize that the plate had to be run on the outside of the frame. i was trying to fit it on the inside and could not get it in.So there is no problem , other than i just dont know what im doing .:laugh:
Ben, sorry for being a dufuss :side:
i need to take a closer look at it later, and see if i can mod it to go inside. do u see any reason not to run it on the inside??
how do u plan to run yours? i'm not sure yet, how u set the bearing suport depth to each particular offset need? i'm thinking u would just make the suport legs the right length, but then i would need to clear the frame rail, for mine. so i will likely just cut off the end and redrill the frame support boss hole.
It would not be wrong to run it outside of course. i would just prefer it blend into the motor, rather than stick out from it.
Tri.
i will look up the Ebay addy that i got my suit from. custom fitted, any design/ color, you can muster up, with lettering that says hi my name is tri, do u dig me baby :woohoo: on it.
$500 to your door, from Pakistan.
They even through in a free pair of gloves.B)

the offset sprocket is welded on the "shaft" at the offset desired...the length of the shaft stays the same...unless you go to a chain outside the frame...3" offset>>>think big tire dragbike.
this allows the "nose"to remain the same regardless of the offset you are running.
hope this helps

Ben

76 KZ900 upgrade 20 Jun 2010 01:02 #376954

• porchev914
  • User
Thanks Ben! I didn't know that the nose shafts were a standardized length. It makes sense so that all the other manufacturers of bearing plates and offset sprockets can make sure everything's interchangable.
FRANKEN Z!

76 KZ900 upgrade 20 Jun 2010 02:59 #376960

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
irishwill wrote:

the offset sprocket is welded on the "shaft" at the offset desired...the length of the shaft stays the same...unless you go to a chain outside the frame...3" offset>>>think big tire dragbike.
this allows the "nose"to remain the same regardless of the offset you are running.
hope this helps
Ben

the reason i was trying to get the plate inside the frame, was due to the fact that the nose seemed to be too short to reach the plate ?? the sprocket is on the bike now, and fits under my slightly modified stock sprocket cover.
i wonder if my nose is shorter than yours, Ben??
this is a D.G Chassis 18 tooth(mine is 19) 5/8" offset with collar.
www.dgchassis.net/Dragbike%20offset%20sp...offset-sprocket.aspx

01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)
Attachments:

76 KZ900 upgrade 20 Jun 2010 04:08 #376964

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)
Attachments: