Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Young ones... 16 Jul 2017 16:18 #767115

• TwoCam
  • TwoCam's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 57
How may of you have " kids"???? I'm 46. Have 2 boys. One will be 25 Monday, other will be 16 and of August. Both great boys....... both 180 degrees opposite of each other.!!!!!! Youngest boy straight A's in school.... oldest one super smart..... but not A's in school......just lets say lazy.....so last week he sends me a pic of an old K5 blazer....... " what you think? If I trade it for my Dodge"????....... just from the 1 pic. I say NO!!!!!!!! Bad trade. Next day he has it posted on his FB page...... " my new truck"....... oh boy here we go...........he stops I'm .......DAD...... can I use the Diesel Jetta to put my blazer on the road? ...... ummmm ok. Comes back later with his new toy...... lets just say........ I wanted to barf! Total roach!!!!! I say nothing, just politely point out the obvious shit wrong..... it has a 10" lift........ dry rotted 40" tires....... and rust EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! So it gets even better........... went out last night for his 25th B-Day dinner......... we wait for what seemed like an eternity...... he finally shows up......... " DAD........"........... truck started smoking....... stalled...... won't start...... turn the key...... it goes THUNK........so we get the cream puff towed to my shop today........ coolant running out the pass. Side exhaust...... pull the plugs and cyl 8 has coolant purging out like a fire hose............ok Dude........ time to pull the intake and both heads........HAVE FUN!!!!!!!! Hope the heads are not cracked!!!! My guess at least one is cracked... if not both......am I being a dick????? I think not..........: I did tell him...... not to trade for the vehicle.!!!!!!! I knew it was going to be a money pit!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Young ones... 18 Jul 2017 04:53 #767229

• TwoCam
  • TwoCam's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 57
well my son spent the whole day yesterday pulling the cylinder heads off....both sides had blown headgaskets. now to ship the heads out to be resurfaced and magnifluxed....hope they didn't crack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: