Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Clear Coat Question 11 Nov 2005 15:48 #7813

• ronboskz650sr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Good deal. It becomes important when you use rattlecan paint, because the word "enamel" is thrown around rather loosely. For example, rustoleum "enamel" states a recoat anytime feature. I'm told it's a fish oil base that doesn't take kindly to buffing, or sanding. It's ingredients look like lacquer to me. Krylon int/ext paint doesn't say what it is...their tech rep tells me it's "lacquerized enamel" and sent me a spec sheet on it that plainly calls it "acrylic lacquer". I know most people consider Krylon to be an easy to use drip-free enamel. It's not, it's lacquer, and will eat enamel just like duplicolor lacquer will. It does have a higher solid content, so it covers better and appears to go on heavier than duplicolor..still without drip problems ( you can put a run in anything BTW, if you pile it on thick enough.) Krylon fusion, and rust-tough, on the other hand, are alkyd, and acrylic enamels respectively, and their recoat windows behave that way....so the recoat time window, if any, is what i use.

Post edited by: ronboskz650sr, at: 2005/11/11 18:51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: