Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Seats 06 Nov 2005 20:06 #6895

• robhavens
  • robhavens's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Can't seem to find the contoured touring type seats for the KZ650. Anyone know where to get one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Seats 07 Nov 2005 06:08 #6937

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
If you you mean the King and Queen Seat, where there is a wide rounded area at the rear of each seat position and it's stepped a fair bit, there used to be some listed on Ebay all the time.

Here's one listed for a ST1000: King and Queen Seat . If you watch ebay, one for a 650 should pop up. Or maybe someone here has one sitting around?;)
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Seats 07 Nov 2005 07:14 #6949

• indykaw77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
....if all else fails....JC Whitney got them. The "double-Bucket" and LTD styles.

Post edited by: indykaw77, at: 2005/11/07 10:15
Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

Seats 07 Nov 2005 08:56 #6964

• hat0791
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm taking one off of mine. It's the stock '79 1000ST seat. It's the king/queen style. It's fairly comfy but The cover needs to be refitted possibly replaced, but the foam is good. I'm going to a flatter sportier seat... Let me know if you want it!

Seats 09 Nov 2005 07:05 #7318

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I have several seats and one is a "king & queen" type. The problem with these is that the foam is kind of on the soft side and the bucket is too small... I seldom use mine. I have another double bucket but it has a velour top and I am afraid to use it because if it rains, it would soak up water like a sponge. My favorite seat was cut down for a drag bike... it is basically just a flat seat that was recovered and is perhaps the most comfy of any of them.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Seats 09 Nov 2005 07:32 #7324

• ronboskz650sr
  • User
I'd piggy back on George's comment about the simple seat being the most comfortable. I just did alot of road teating my homemade seat cushion, and I have to say the more complicated I made it, the less comfortable it got. I think it's because it limits your option to move around, so you get flat spots you can't relieve without stopping and getting off (I do like to move around alot, you might not). I finally ended up with one narrower than stock, but very similar in front to back configuration (flat). It takes alot of testing to form fit a seat right to you, and once I got it there, I didn't like it. Something to think about.

Seats 09 Nov 2005 10:21 #7344

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 237
Flat seat is the only way to go. All the standard KZs had a relatively flat seat with a small step, or a large step on the LTDs etc. Never a double bucket seat from the factory on any KZ, only aftermarket companies made these, and they will always be torn to shreads in a short time. All junk, ugly, rapidly deteriorate. Stay away from all aftermarket seats.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Seats 09 Nov 2005 10:44 #7348

• ronboskz650sr
  • User
There you go...and there are alot of miles under the belt of the guy who just wrote that!

Seats 10 Nov 2005 06:47 #7507

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The seat that originally came on one of my bikes is an LTD type with a small step. I would get rid of the step, if recovering as the step is placed to far forward and puts me up on the tank. I will someday probably get that thing recovered and the step removed. I also like NO tuck n button type sewing. I have an 88 Voyager and that seat had button/tuck sewing. The buttons pulled down and the cushion that was left made a ridge that cut into the nerves just unter my rear end on my legs and made me miserable. I put a new cushion on after filling the depressions made from the buttons and the seat is 100 percent better. The nice thing about the Voyager seat is that it has a plastic pan you can just staple material to.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: