Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

windscreen cleaner 30 Oct 2005 16:25 #5442

• GPZK
  • GPZK's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well I just returned to the street bike world recently after a couple of years of dirt biking. I picked up a nice 81 GPZ550. I had the fairing off running down an electrical problem (I'll ask that question later) and I sprayed some diluted Windex on the windscreen.
Now I have stains similar to what you would see on an uncoated wheel that has had Wesley's Bleech White sprayed on it. Kinda milky looking areas where the Windex initially hit.

Anyone know of a way to remove the stains?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

windscreen cleaner 30 Oct 2005 19:54 #5496

• reborn650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Try seome Lemon Pledge spray furniture polish. It works on my Jeep's plastic windows. I would suggest a small test area that is not very visible. Cheers-Colin Firth
-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

windscreen cleaner 31 Oct 2005 03:48 #5532

• inline4
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
GPZK, Welcome to KZRider.:)
For three years now I have used a product called Plexus on my windscreen and face shield. The product was developed for use on fighter aircraft cockpits.
I could clean my shield with the stuff and place the shield next to a brand new one and you couldn't tell the difference. I've never had a face shield to last this long w/o showing any scratches or haze what so ever. I'll bet it would remedy your problem. Any decent bike shop should carry it, oy you can get it from Dennis Kirk and other places.
Good luck.
Jim

windscreen cleaner 31 Oct 2005 05:06 #5539

• John68
  • User
ditto, plexus

Used it on Hooter's Cup stock cars, alcohol drag cars, and other "cars" that had Plexiglass and Lexan in place of real glass. I never tried it on a motorcycle windscreen, but used it on my motorcycle helmet before. I hope you find a local source for it. I haven't found any locally, and haven't ordered from Dennis Kirk catalog in probably 10-12 years.

good luck,

. 31 Oct 2005 08:25 #5590

• JMKZHI
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 48
=

Last edit: by JMKZHI.

windscreen cleaner 31 Oct 2005 14:33 #5683

• GPZK
  • GPZK's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Thanks everyone for the help.
By the way inline-4, I lived in Memphis until about three years ago when a job transfer sent me to beautiful Springfield MO. Well actually just south of there. We really enjoyed our time in Memphis though, still have a bunch of good friends there.

windscreen cleaner 31 Oct 2005 18:57 #5766

• lachan41774
  • User
i have a windscreen that has that look of milk on it....i tried to was it...i hope it will work

windscreen cleaner 31 Oct 2005 19:11 #5774

• inline4
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
GPZK, you're one of the lucky ones that got to escape!:)
Serioulsy though, I've been here 11 years now. The first couple of years were pretty dismal, but things have turned around. Who knows, if I was still in Texas I might not have found this forum with nice people that put up with my crap!:laugh:
Jim

• Page: