Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping paint product between countries 25 Feb 2006 05:19 #26294

• VCRider
  • VCRider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I've attempted (like others) to find a paint match for two bikes I'm restoring (a 73' and 74' 900). Somewhere else on this site you'll find a suggestion to checkout 'paintworkz.com', just outside of Detroit. This I did, but unfortunately they can't ship the product from their location (Detroit area) to me in Toronto. The U.S. Postal service has issues transporting this type of product (and I fully appreciate the concern...). Anyone know of a way around this? Would UPS ship?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Shipping paint product between countries 25 Feb 2006 07:44 #26309

• mykznme
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
not sure what products you are trying to ship but if its paint only ups MIGHT ship with a hazmat fee.

or....if all else fails maybe someone that lives in the states could order it and reship it fr you

R.I.P. Odd Ivar

Shipping paint product between countries 25 Feb 2006 09:47 #26326

• oldcoldankles
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I live about 1½ hrs north of the US border. For the last year or so I've been crossing the border to pick up certain shipments held at a shipping terminal in Oroville WA. Receiving and holding cost is only $3 per item. Saves a lot of hassle, plus cheaper freight and you save $ doing your own customs clearance too.
Peachland BC
1981 KZ1000 CSR M1
1983 KZ550 LTD M1 (Shaft)
1989 Corvette coupe

Shipping paint product between countries 25 Feb 2006 11:34 #26358

• VCRider
  • User
....sorry (I guess I left out the product..). Yes, it is a half pint of paint and some flake. I'll try the UPS route... Thanks/Brad

Shipping paint product between countries 28 Feb 2006 05:59 #27030

• Alex_KZ1K
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
If you're ordering enough, it might be worth your while just to drive down there and pick it up yourself. I'm from Kitchener, and when we went to the Detroit autoshow a few years back, it took less than 4 hours to get there. Even if you drive, it'll probably cost you less in fuel than it would for them to ship it with a hazmat fee, plus brokerage and customs fees when it is delivered.

Shipping paint product between countries 03 Mar 2006 06:53 #27821

• VCRider
  • User
I think you are right Alex. Looks like I'll be going for a drive - its probably worth it since I'll be purchasing paint product for both the 73' and the 74' 900. I talked to UPS, and unless the shipper has 'Hazmat' training, it won't be shipped by them. I'm hoping that I won't have a problem crossing the border with a flamable product (I have visions of guns pointing at my head..:blush:)... Thanks/Brad

• Page: