Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

fairing... please! 27 Nov 2005 20:15 #10549

• cary
  • cary's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Just went for my first multihour 85+ mph trip on my KZ1100.... and got beaten up something fierce by the wind. I think that big windshields and fairings would mess up the look of my bike, but I do have a desire to do some mileage on this thing, anyone have experience with cafe-style fairings? do they give you any real protection from the wind? any other suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

fairing... please! 27 Nov 2005 22:01 #10572

• DJ
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes, I had one on my bike and it wasn't usable for protection. It sure looked nice though. Took it off after my first 5 hour ride. Directed the wind directly in my face in my sitting position.

I spent a lot of time trying to find the right windscreen. Something that had a good balance between form and function. I finally ended up with this one. I think it's size and shape fits the bike and doesn't look too awkward. Works really well keeping the wind off of me and that really makes comfortable on long rides.

Post edited by: DJ, at: 2005/11/28 01:02
Attachments:

fairing... please! 28 Nov 2005 05:40 #10613

• GargantuChet
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
DJ,

I missed your posts in the Chassis forum. That windscreen looks decent on the bike, and I'm really glad to hear that you found one that gave you good results.

And I hear you on the finger chill... They get cold at speed!

Happy riding!

fairing... please! 28 Nov 2005 10:35 #10679

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I have severals KZs. On one of them, I put a Maier cafe fairing... the kind that looks like an early GPz fairing and it looks great. Problem is, it blows more wind in your face than riding with no fairing at all. I am too old to crouch behind it so I bought a Memphis Shades windshield from Dennis Kirk's scratch and dent store. It cost $35 w/hardware and was in NEW condition. You can ride all day in comfort as it puts the airblast at the top of your helmet. The shield also protects your hands when riding as it directs wind off them...

Post edited by: wiredgeorge, at: 2005/11/28 13:38
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!
Attachments:

• Page: