Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

gas coming out the keyhole? 21 Nov 2005 10:23 #9365

• kzjames
  • kzjames's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
on goes the saga with the new GPZ/
okay, in case it does not show up in my sig (if anyone can tell me why my sig sometimes shows up and sometimes does not... help?)

so, my gas tank leaks...not from the petcock, not from around the gas cap but right out of the keyhole.... I am not overfilling my tank as on the side stand there is still lots of space between tank top and gas level- I have been doing this intentionally to keep the gas in the tank.

the gasket around the cap looks good.... is there another gasget inside the mechanism? or do I have a bad vent? I do not have the book yet, but I am assuming that the 83 GPZ with the fuel injection was a presurized not a gravity feed system?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

gas coming out the keyhole? 28 Nov 2005 19:00 #10761

• wireguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
is your gpz fuelinjected? if it is i wonder if its not a plugged vent the fuel pump should be pushing the unused fuel back at retty high pressure maybe the key hole was the easiest place for the pressure to vent?wheres the in house fuel expert WIRED GEORGE at in our moment of need?

gas coming out the keyhole? 28 Nov 2005 19:07 #10763

• GargantuChet
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
You're not logged in, which is why your signature isn't showing up. Try going to "kzrider.com", which seems to retain the login, instead of "www.kzrider.com", which sometimes doesn't. That worked for me. ;)

gas coming out the keyhole? 28 Nov 2005 20:53 #10807

• donthekawguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
Gas from your hole could be a bad thing. It would really be bad if a hot girl pulled up and you had gas coming from your hole! Now imagine it leaking down the sides from your hole. That would really suck! :sick: Leaking gassy fluids from your hole is never a good thing. :(
Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

gas coming out the keyhole? 29 Nov 2005 08:45 #10889

• kzjames
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
ah.... thanks don.

wireguy, yes it is fuel injected. I am new to FI systems, I do have my clymers manual now and am making a number of repairs to stop oil leaks and such. I don;t want to mess with the FI system untill I am a little more familar with it, but a fuel vent and return hoses are somthing that I think I can handle. thanks.

George, If you have any idea where I might start.... greatly appreciated.

thanks.

• Page: