Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Opinions? 08 Nov 2005 17:32 #7236

• dkmk
  • dkmk's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 18
I have been considering changing my original stock seat, due to that wonderful numbing sensation you get after any good distance riding :laugh: . The problem is I like the original "look", so to speak. Just curious if anyone uses a cushion, such as the Airhawk, or one of the gel seats. Your thoughts and opinions/experiences greatly appreciated :) .
Northern Ontario
Zapp: "Kif, I'm feeling the Captain's Itch."
Kif: "I'll get the powder, sir."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Opinions? 08 Nov 2005 18:15 #7244

• ten6
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
You should be able to get the gel material and have it put into a stock seat. I imagine all you would have to do is shave a little of the original foam and a stock cover would fit.
Michigan City, Indiana
Firefighter MCFD IAFF Local #475
(3) KZ650s (1) 1996 Vulcan 1500A (1) 1978 KZ1000 (1) 1986 Yamaha Radian 600
2000 Dodge Ram 4x4
1960 Chevy Bel-Air

Opinions? 08 Nov 2005 18:22 #7246

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
I bought this seat on ebay a while back. It uses the stock seat pan, so a previous owner must have redone it. It has more contour to it and I've not gotten sore riding, even after hours on the saddle. Where the PO would have gotten the cover, or had it made is a mystery to me.

Maybe you can redo your seat, and change the foam in it for a softer/more comfortable ride.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Opinions? 08 Nov 2005 18:31 #7249

• jenshhj
  • User
I use an over-the-counter pain killer! :P

Opinions? 09 Nov 2005 07:39 #7325

• dkmk
  • User
There is a seat on e-bay right now I am watching, but it is for a '79 KZ650 SR. Anyone know if the seatpan is the same as a '78 KZ650C? It is actually the same seat that is shown on Rob's bike. Thanks again.
Northern Ontario

Opinions? 11 Nov 2005 07:06 #7698

• dgfischer
  • Visitor
One tip I got from the Goldwing message board is if your butt gets numb from riding, Change your skivies (underwear) to a loose boxer style. The breifs tend to bunch up and cut circulation giving you that numb feeling.
Another tip I got from the Goldwing message board, is when you mention underwear in a message, people tend to call you the Underwear Sherrif.
Daniel

Opinions? 11 Nov 2005 07:13 #7704

• rstnick
  • User
I don't think a seat from a SR will fit as the back end is different, as the SR does not have the tailpiece. The rear of the SR seat comes down lower, and the seat would hit the tailpiece.

I have another spare seat I had on my bike before the one I'm using now. It is made by Chetah in the USA, has more step, with a plastic seat pan. Much lighter than the stock seat. I'll look for a picture later at home.

Post edited by: rstnick, at: 2005/11/11 10:18
Rob
CANADA

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Opinions? 11 Nov 2005 13:58 #7793

• rstnick
  • User
Here's the one I had on before I found my current one. It has more step than I like, and has 2 small (3/4 inch) tears. Let me know if you'd be interested in this one, I could give you more info and pics.
Rob
CANADA

2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Opinions? 12 Nov 2005 08:04 #7901

• dkmk
  • User
Thanks Rob, but I have been doing some investigating, and I think I am going to pick up one of the gel/foam kits available, and modify the seat. I would like to keep everything as original as possible. Once you start modding, you can't stop :laugh: !!! These bikes are addictive; snow almost here and getting the sled ready, and all I can think about is getting the bike out in the spring! I feel like an adulterer :P . Thanks again for the offer.
Northern Ontario

Opinions? 12 Nov 2005 08:12 #7902

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
dgfischer wrote:

Another tip I got from the Goldwing message board, is when you mention underwear in a message, people tend to call you the Underwear Sherrif.
Daniel

Sherrif, things must be way to serious around here if that was left untouched :whistle::evil:

Opinions? 12 Nov 2005 08:25 #7905

• dkmk
  • User
No kidding :laugh: . Usually if someone sets one up to the net like that, the spike is inevitable, LOL!
Northern Ontario

Opinions? 13 Nov 2005 15:45 #8057

• dgfischer
  • Visitor
DanOz7Five0 wrote:

dgfischer wrote:

Daniel

Sherrif, things must be way to serious around here if that was left untouched :whistle::evil:

Boy, aint that the truth!;) Well gotta go back to the Panty Police now. Theres people out there wearing breifs when they should be wearing boxers.
Daniel

• Page: