Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rear axle shaft length 23 Apr 2023 00:22 #883591

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 66
Aloha guys. Been a while since my last post. Been busy just to have my DD Lincoln and my 86' Monte Carlo SS up and running. My SS is usual old car stuff. My DD needed front suspension replacement. Just finished with it and now back to the bike.

Anyway, my question is just that. Axle shaft length. Do you measure it from end to end? My shaft end to end is measure at 298mm but inside length, not including the nut end of the shaft, is at 285. Well, not exactly nut end, but you know what I mean. Been looking at some Japanese exotic part to see what they have and what can I buy.

BTW, bike is what I have, which is 82 GPz/KZ750 (let's just call it hybrid since I have so many different parts on it).
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rear axle shaft length 23 Apr 2023 02:22 #883592

• willemZ900
  • User
  • Z1B 4 ever
  • Thank you received: 53
BTW, bike is what I have, which is 82 GPz/KZ750 (let's just call it hybrid since I have so many different parts on it).

Then its a Bitza Bike

Rear axle shaft length 23 Apr 2023 04:52 #883594

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1912

Aloha guys. Been a while since my last post. Been busy just to have my DD Lincoln and my 86' Monte Carlo SS up and running. My SS is usual old car stuff. My DD needed front suspension replacement. Just finished with it and now back to the bike.

Anyway, my question is just that. Axle shaft length. Do you measure it from end to end? My shaft end to end is measure at 298mm but inside length, not including the nut end of the shaft, is at 285. Well, not exactly nut end, but you know what I mean. Been looking at some Japanese exotic part to see what they have and what can I buy.

Have you measured the width of your swinging arm ?

Rear axle shaft length 27 Apr 2023 01:13 #883813

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 66
I have a stock swingarm, for now. I may change down the line, but for now, stock. Reason I'm asking, was looking at Japanese site and found one used hollow shaft for KZ1000R, for kinda cheap. According to Partzilla, that shaft is 300mm, but I'm not sure if it's end to end length.

Anybody?

82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Rear axle shaft length 27 Apr 2023 01:40 #883815

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1912
If the diameter is right and the price is right it looks like "worst case" is you might need to shorten it a little but I would expect the quoted length to be "overall" which is 2mm longer than what you have 

• Page: